Zibanejad selected for ASG but opts out

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
That really sucks. My guess is that the personal reasons is going home to see his wife in Sweden?

Regardless nice to see the fanbase come together to get this done, we usually flub these ones.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Honestly all stars should just be a title at this point.

It’s not even like the pro bowl which is an end of season party. It’s a distraction that no one cares about.
Eh I find it fun, especially the skills competition. And kids find it fun, most people never get to see all the leagues superstars and it’s an opportunity for kids to see all of them. These guys get paid millions & millions of dollars per year, regardless what you think of the festivities… I think it’s a bad look for players to scoff at it and refuse to go

Reactions: pld459666

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Eh I find it fun, especially the skills competition. And kids find it fun, most people never get to see all the leagues superstars and it’s an opportunity for kids to see all of them. These guys get paid millions & millions of dollars per year, regardless what you think of the festivities… I think it’s a bad look for players to scoff at it and refuse to go
Just pretend it's Kravtsov declining the invite. I'm sure you can come up with all kinds of exotic reasons why he's justified in not going.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Maybe. But you take a season where players, a lot of whom missed their only shot to compete for Olympic medals with their country due to Covid cancellations, and I’m not gonna care too much of they say “well why the hell should i go to a meaningless all star game if we couldn’t go to China”

Im more sympathetic this year which is why presumably he won’t be suspended the way ovechkin has been for skipping under normal circumstances

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Why the all out campaign to get him voted in if he wasn't going to go?

If he was going to decline his invite, they could've pushed for someone else. Could've gotten Panarin, Strome or Trouba in.

This is assuming of course they weren't allowing goalies for the last main in obviously because Shesty should be there. Kind of hilarious the best goalie in the league isn't in the all star game.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Just pretend it's Kravtsov declining the invite. I'm sure you can come up with all kinds of exotic reasons why he's justified in not going.

Speaking of Kravtsov; according to JVaS (Jovo adjusted stats), he's bound to be Putin's successor. The kid is basically a one man All-Star team.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Will he get suspended? Didn’t that happen to players in the past?

This was the rule in 2020 prior to covid. Not sure if they are enforcing it this year. If enforced, Mika will have to sit out the game immediately before or after the break.

Reactions: ArPanet

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Why the all out campaign to get him voted in if he wasn't going to go?

If he was going to decline his invite, they could've pushed for someone else. Could've gotten Panarin, Strome or Trouba in.

This is assuming of course they weren't allowing goalies for the last main in obviously because Shesty should be there. Kind of hilarious the best goalie in the league isn't in the all star game.

Yeah that too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad