Zibanejad selected for ASG but opts out

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Glad he'll catch a break, but all the PR fuzz by the club now looks real dumb.

Couldn't they have discussed it with him you know prior to all the media circus? Is it too much to ask?

Reactions: RangersFan1994

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Skip the game, do the skills competition and take all the best danglers,skaters, and shooters and put on a showcase of talent and skill. Name all star teams at the end of the year. I just totally fixed all star weekend.
Some say the skills competition is there anyway whenever an OT ends in a tie.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Igor playing in the allstar game is the worst possible idea ever. with his history of groin issues you want him facing 3 on 0s all night? allstar games are a nightmare for goalies

I think he deserves it more than the other 2 goalies. I want who deserves to be selected, not that I would want him to go because I rather him rest up for the playoffs.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Skip the game, do the skills competition and take all the best danglers,skaters, and shooters and put on a showcase of talent and skill. Name all star teams at the end of the year. I just totally fixed all star weekend.

I watch the skills competition and use the game as background sound while listening to music or watching something more entertaining. The competition is the best part of the weekend. The game is always boring to me

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I remember being in third grade and the coolest, most athletic kid in school was a guy named Nick. As a pretty cool, also athletic but not huge for my age guy, I yearned for Nick's approval. It was the weekend of the Pro Bowl, and I rolled up to Nick and was like, "Hey man, you gonna watch the Pro Bowl this weekend?" He laughed, told me no one cared about the Pro Bowl, and then walked away. I was...bruised, by that. :laugh: But that was my early introduction to not caring about these things. I've enjoyed a few in baseball and hockey over the years, but in general I couldn't care less. Skills competitions are usually kind of interesting, but that's it.

Name an All Star team, go e everyone a break for a few days, and then move on. No need for pointless games.

(And yes I understand the financial elements of it. I'm just talking as a fan.)

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I hope none of our players play in it

They've somehow made it worse over the years. Was actually enjoyable in the 90s

With all the postponed games it really is mind boggling that they are still going to have it

A rare blunder from Bettman.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I hope none of our players play in it

They've somehow made it worse over the years. Was actually enjoyable in the 90s

With all the postponed games it really is mind boggling that they are still going to have it

A rare blunder from Bettman.
It must be profitable enough, the only logical explanation. Or thet don't want to so to say break the tradition so some might have an idea there could be a chance it might be gone for good.

Couldn't care less for it myself, can't imagine waking up/staying late for it like I do for the Rangers games.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
No problem with him declining, but I don't ever wanna hear his name for Captain again. Yet another of the many reasons he has never deserved it.

It's a meaningless event, but the two guys who ARE going are proud to represent the Rangers and i'm proud to have them be our rep.

ok.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
We dont know the reason why he opted out. Maybe its a really good one.

Either way. Nothing we need to sweat.

This team has 50 something points going into the all-star break and is making the playoffs.

Reactions: clmetsfan

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Good for Zib. His new wife is a former player and now commentator for the Swedish soccer league, so he maybe he just misses the hell out of her during the season and didn't want to pass up a chance to see her. Hopefully it's that and not a more serious personal matter, but either way, it has no effect on anyone's life here.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Good for Zib. His new wife is a former player and now commentator for the Swedish soccer league, so he maybe he just misses the hell out of her during the season and didn't want to pass up a chance to see her. Hopefully it's that and not a more serious personal matter, but either way, it has no effect on anyone's life here.

What a loser though. Would rather spend time with his hot wife than play in a meaningless game and risk injury+covid. Not leader or 1c on a cup winning team material

-Smart Rangers fans

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
What a loser though. Would rather spend time with his hot wife than play in a meaningless game and risk injury+covid. Not leader or 1c on a cup winning team material

-Smart Rangers fans

Like has already been said, it's unknown what his "personal reasons" are so it's kind of weird that you would assume thats his reason for your particular argument.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
the 3v3 all-star format is a joke. It's just a glorified pond hockey game. ASG should be showcasing & promoting players instead of snubbing so many of them because the format really limits the roster size. It's the IRL version of your EA hockey games where you've assembled a dream line. I'm glad I got to see an All-Star game live back when it had its East v West 5v5 format. The drafting captains was also a fun format - who wouldn't want to see a Ovechkin-McDavid-Kaprizov line? Rising stars game was also fun.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I remember being in third grade and the coolest, most athletic kid in school was a guy named Nick. As a pretty cool, also athletic but not huge for my age guy, I yearned for Nick's approval. It was the weekend of the Pro Bowl, and I rolled up to Nick and was like, "Hey man, you gonna watch the Pro Bowl this weekend?" He laughed, told me no one cared about the Pro Bowl, and then walked away. I was...bruised, by that. :laugh: But that was my early introduction to not caring about these things. I've enjoyed a few in baseball and hockey over the years, but in general I couldn't care less. Skills competitions are usually kind of interesting, but that's it.

Name an All Star team, go e everyone a break for a few days, and then move on. No need for pointless games.

(And yes I understand the financial elements of it. I'm just talking as a fan.)
Maybe Zibanejad has a similar traumatic experience in his past.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad