Zibanejad ridiculous shortie

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Borderline hook, and an above average goal at best.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
At first I thought is was a hook, but one angle showed that it might have been all stick lift. If it was, heckuva goal. If not, lucky one.

Reactions: egelband

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Bally replys looked pretty clear it was a hook(in slow mo obviously). No biggie, refs can't catch em all and it was far side of the ref in position to catch it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I’ve seen a lot more underwhelming plays and goals get threads but I wouldn’t call that ‘ridiculous’.

It was nice and highly skilled though, and not a hook clearly stick on stick

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hook, lucky he got away with it... (Rangers fan btw).
Zibanejad is a really good player, and that was a nice move, but that was a hook. The refs in the little pea brains refuse to call a SH team for a penalty, even though the infraction led to a goal(in this case).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bally replys looked pretty clear it was a hook(in slow mo obviously). No biggie, refs can't catch em all and it was far side of the ref in position to catch it.
I don't see how both refs can miss that...there was only two players and a puck in the center of the ice, with no one else around them. What else could they have been looking at?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't see how both refs can miss that...there was only two players and a puck in the center of the ice, with no one else around them. What else could they have been looking at?
Well, one was behind t
One was behind, blocked by two bodies.
Other was opposite side of the infraction.

Also could have been classic game management, not wanting to change a goal to 5 on 3.

Oh well. All well that ends well.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I thought it was a hook as well but it's actually a perfect stick lift.

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 11.55.52 PM.png

All stick, no hands and and no hook.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
This should be about the refs missing an obvious hook.
Sure, suddenly Zuc can‘t skate and tries to embellish….or just what really happened.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This should be about the refs missing an obvious hook.
Sure, suddenly Zuc can‘t skate and tries to embellish….or just what really happened.

Zucc knew he got played.

Great play by Zibanejad a lot better than some goals that get posted. That was defensive IQ, hustle, and skill. All in one goal created from nothing.

Stick check so good people think he was cheating.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
i couldnt believe wasnt a hook called live and not sure needs a thread

but replays actually look like he got all stick and zucc going down was him trying to throw the brakes on at full speed mid turn to reach for the puck now behind him...looks clean to me. but probably the first time in nhl history a play like that didnt get the call. refs last game, they let the boys play all night too so maybe that played a part in context

for anyone convinced its a penalty remember minn got to play georgiev.... right thing to do was spot us 3 at least, so call it refs doing gods work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad