Speculation: Zibanejad contract

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
4yr @ 9.5

If I had to go longer, I wouldn’t go over 6yrs max and only if it’s get the AAv down a little (6/8m or 6/8.5m?)
It’s not what you would give him
Zibanejad is a good player, but just because Couturier's production isn't exactly "top tier", he was projected to be a finalist for the Selke before he even suited up for his first NHL game.

I like both players but I think you're an ignoramus if you think Zibanejad is Couturier's equal. He simply is not. In fantasy, Zibanejad might be the better player, but in reality, not the case.

Not to mention, look at the talent the Rangers have in their top 6. Flyers ain't close to that, further supporting my claim.
When Zibanejad had 0 talent around him he led the Rangers in points by 20. That same season (2018/2019) Couturier only put up 2 more points than him in 2 more games and was second in team scoring by 10. Zibanejad doesn’t need offensive talent around him to produce, he just needs to be healthy

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
"significant" is that why Zibanejad has only had a better PPG once in his career and they scored the same amount of points this year?
Zibanejad has been better than Tavares for a while. This is nothing new, make a poll if you’d like. Zib is better offensively and defensively

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ziba has elevated his level the past 2 years and your comparison disregards his Covid+recovering from Covid period. His seasons 19/20 plus 2nd half of 20/21 are at elite level. Of course one could argue I'm then being selective, but I really think he's elevated his game to that level. His past 1.5 healthy seasons are at that level, not two 15 game hot streaks or such.

What do you expect from them this upcoming season?

For me:
Zibby: 36 goals, 83 points in 82
Couts: 27 goals, 74 points in 82

I expect Couts to be in the contention for the Selke, and have more even strength points than Zibby.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I said:

you decided to go here:

so while I'm trying to play nice here, you are pushing me toward, what, you can't read?

No to anything w/term taking him past 33. Period.

Full pop at 10.5 per is enough to command concessions.
If he doesn't want that compromise, trade his ass.
Just logged back on get real Bern....GO DEVILS

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Zibanejad is a good player, but just because Couturier's production isn't exactly "top tier", he was projected to be a finalist for the Selke before he even suited up for his first NHL game.

I like both players but I think you're an ignoramus if you think Zibanejad is Couturier's equal. He simply is not. In fantasy, Zibanejad might be the better player, but in reality, not the case.

Not to mention, look at the talent the Rangers have in their top 6. Flyers ain't close to that, further supporting my claim.
Couturier plays with Giroux and Konecny on his wing or am I mistaken?

Zibanejad plays with Kreider & Buchnevich (who's been traded for an underwhelming return). I'd argue that Couturier had way better linesmates.

Zibanejad is more dynamic and a better goalscorer while Couts is an defensive stalwart who puts up points.

They're both amazing let's leave it at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad