Confirmed with Link: Zib Extension; 8 years, $8.5M per

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I hope I’m wrong on this, but I don’t think Zibanejad is going to age gracefully as a player and remain productive into his mid-thirties. I think his production falls off a cliff halfway through this contract.

This should at least put Eichel to NYR to bed. But it doesn’t seem like Drury was able to get a discount on term or AAV.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
8 years is terrible . I get we wanted to lower the Cap hit but damn 8 years is insane
Is it though? He’s our best center by far. Our window is open and by the time he hits his 6th year the cap should be up significantly.

he also took a discount which is a big deal for the young guys on the team. Hopefully he paved the way for them to take a little less to so we can keep the team together

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I know some people don't like the 8 years but to keep AAV down I think you gotta go 8 years and that far in the future you just figure out how to deal with it. Buyout, trade to a team that needs cap hit, whatever
So by going 8 years you get the AAV down to $8.5 which is pretty good
Big thing will be him staying healthy. Even if he doesn't rebound on the defensive side of the numbers if he still scores at a 40+ goal rate and is a point per game during the meat of the contract that's worth it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad