Confirmed with Link: Zib Extension; 8 years, $8.5M per

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Did you say that when we were having the same conversation about Hank's deal? Because if you weren't, that's very short-sighted.

i wasn't on the board back then. he was our best player at that time so I didn't have a problem. just never could get over that hump. lot more talent/pipeline on the team right now. so, yeah if 8 years from now we don't have a cup then so be it. but give me one more in this lifetime.

edit: 8 years out is short sighted?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
No it’s not. Most teams go off a 5 year plan. That’s why no one gives a f*** if they want 7 or 8 years. Because usually that whole management staff won’t be here when his contract starts to hurt

That's a smart way to look at it if you are a manager who won't be here in 5 years and you are concerned about protecting your paycheck till then.

It's a shitty way to look at it if you are trying to do the best possible thing for the team in the long term.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Did you say that when we were having the same conversation about Hank's deal? Because if you weren't, that's very short-sighted.
When in negotiations you're thinking Hank has you in contention for a cup and winning one in the next 5 years. What's the alternative...not signing him? That's ridiculous.

Same thing for Zib. The Rangers will be making multiple cup runs with Panarin. No need to worry about years 6-8 yet. If we still have Fox, Laf and Kakko then we're probably making runs for all 8 years. Would you rather be a team like the Flames who are never good enough for a run?

P.S. I think it's really a steal after seeing how much Suzuki got, even taking age into account.

Reactions: duhmetreE

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
8 years is crazy. When you look at his lifetime stats he's only had two years that even warrant this type of contract. The Rangers will be lucky to see 3-4 more good years out of him and the last 4 will be sad.
Prove me wrong is all I have to say.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
8 years is crazy. When you look at his lifetime stats he's only had two years that even warrant this type of contract. The Rangers will be lucky to see 3-4 more good years out of him and the last 4 will be sad.
Prove me wrong is all I have to say.
Yeah man I just added this event to Calendar:

“Title: Reply to Excalibur.
All day
Starts: 10/12/2029
Ends: 10/12/2029
Alert: 15 minutes before”

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
No it’s not. Most teams go off a 5 year plan. That’s why no one gives a f*** if they want 7 or 8 years. Because usually that whole management staff won’t be here when his contract starts to hurt
That really wasn't the case with Lundqvist, Sather signed him, Groton was his AGM. Sather stepped aside to President/Consultant and Groton had to deal with it. For 3 years we dragged that anchor of a contract around our neck trying to rebuild on the fly, and then finally tear it all down and rebuild from the ground up before finally casting it off.

It is what it is. Overall I like the contract. They are always at least one year too long,

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I don't understand your post. I'll be telling you how bad a deal it was in the year 2024/2025 or sooner. Does this mean you will be hiding until 2029?

Yeah man I just added this event to Calendar:

“Title: Reply to Excalibur.
All day
Starts: 10/12/2029
Ends: 10/12/2029
Alert: 15 minutes before”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad