NHL Entry Draft: Zemgus26's Mock Draft 2.0 (2 ROUNDS!)

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Won't complain about Werenski for a second and Ahl is okay, but there are several guys I'd prefer in the 2nd, namely Jack Roslovic and Mitchell Stephens.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
That's bad for the Kings. Dean doesn't like the development staff/system of the University of Michigan so the Kings won't be taking Connor. The Kings are low on offensive forwards and loaded on defense. The LA management are really high on Zacha but if doesn't fall look for them to take Konecny or Svechnikov with the 13th overall.

In the second round LA will be looking for another forward....Ahl, Dergachyov, Roy, Senyshyn or someone who falls (like Zykov did). The Kings will only be looking at a D-man if a top guy falls (like McKeown last year).

That's fair, I didnt know that about LA. Konecny would be a good pick there also, but Connor in my mind is clearly the BPA. To let him fall further due to not liking what team he is going to IMO would be a mistake.

As for the 2nd rounder, now that I'm looking at LA's prospects they are a lot stronger at D than I thought. A LW like Ahl or Fischer would maybe be a better fit there?

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Cannot fathom NJ taking a goalie. Set in net for awhile with Schneider, no need to spend a 2nd round pick on one right now. Maybe in a few years.

We will go 2 forwards and 1 defense with our top 3 picks, I'd imagine.

I think that taking forward with their first 2 picks should be a given. They could get two great offensive players that they desperatly need. After that I could see the arguememt for any position, like you said D is a possibility but also:

F - They need all the help the could get up front. Adding another forward like Dergachyov, Rolsovic, etc. would go a long way to improving their pool.

G - It's always nice to have more than one good goalie in the system and although they have Schneider they don't have much else. Maybe a goalie would be better suited for their 3rd selection though.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I think that taking forward with their first 2 picks should be a given. They could get two great offensive players that they desperatly need. After that I could see the arguememt for any position, like you said D is a possibility but also:

F - They need all the help the could get up front. Adding another forward like Dergachyov, Rolsovic, etc. would go a long way to improving their pool.

G - It's always nice to have more than one good goalie in the system and although they have Schneider they don't have much else. Maybe a goalie would be better suited for their 3rd selection though.

Keith Kinkaid is a quality goaltender. Signed as a cheap backup for the next 2 years.

It's just too early to invest high picks into a goaltender. Devils are building a team to compete while Schneider is here.. picking goalies doesn't help that. In 3 or 4 years, that should be a priority though.

Also, it's been like 5 straight years where we've gone defense in the second round and it's worked out very well for us.

2009- Gelinas
2010- Merrill
2011- no pick
2012- Severson
2013- Santini
2014- Jacobs

(with the latter two getting lots of praise in college, especially Santini)

gotta think we keep that trend up with our extra 2nd

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
That's fair, I didnt know that about LA. Konecny would be a good pick there also, but Connor in my mind is clearly the BPA. To let him fall further due to not liking what team he is going to IMO would be a mistake.

As for the 2nd rounder, now that I'm looking at LA's prospects they are a lot stronger at D than I thought. A LW like Ahl or Fischer would maybe be a better fit there?

The Kings do things very different than BPA. It shows with the Hickey pick @ 4th OA over Alzner, Teubert over Meyers and Karlsson, and Forbort over Tarasenko. If you switched Konecny and Connor it probably would be better for both teams.

1st round- Zacha, Konecny, Svechnikov
2nd round-Ahl, Senyshyn, Dergachyov (if he falls)
3rd round- Jesper Lindgren (D-Modo, Kempe teammate)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad