Pool: Zemgus26's 3rd Annual WJC Pool

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
After getting burned by Skarek 2 years in a row, I think I finally have myself a goaltender.

That's if the Czechs win more than 1 game...which I am not confident enough in this year to pick Dostal haha.

Guaranteed starter at least though. Could work out well.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I'm expecting them to be good enough to beat Kazakhstan twice

I think whoever loses the CZE/GER game won't qualify for top-8 but crush Kazakhstan. But just have no clue who will win CZE vs. GER. That's one of my biggest unknowns that is effecting my pool selections. :huh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I think whoever loses the CZE/GER game won't qualify for top-8 but crush Kazakhstan. But just have no clue who will win CZE vs. GER. That's one of my biggest unknowns that is effecting my pool selections. :huh:

It's one of my fears with certain players. That pool is so strong whoever wins that game will have the 5 opponents USA, CAN, RUS, SWE/FIN, CZE/GER. That team might score only say 8 goals the whole tournament. Whereas a weaker player on say Switzerland gets an easier pool of games.

Reactions: Zemgus26

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
crazy day sorry for the delay guys

Must have been really busy if you left without making your pick :sarcasm:.

Quick Announcement to ALL

czechcanadian's clock is almost up but since we are making decent time I will wait until he comes to pick (unless that is way too long).

Couple Things Moving Forward

We have only TWO picks made in nearly 24 hours. That isn't a pace we can sustain obviously. So:

- The clock will stay at 8 hours FOR NOW. But if we continue like this it will drop to 4-6 hours.

- If you aren't around, send me a list if possible! I know people are busy and things come up but if you know it might be like this and your pick is approaching within a few picks, this will help everything run smoothly.

- It's not in the rules but I'll add it as one. If your previous skipped pick is still not made up by the time it comes back to you, you are auto-skipped. This includes people on the tail end of the draft picking back-to-back. We just can't afford to have 16 hour downtimes between picks.

As of now, we still have plenty of time, but let's try for at least a round a day guys.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Pretty disappointing we made so little headway on this over an entire weekend.

Yeah it doesn't take much to slow up the draft. The first couple days went pretty well. However, the last 24 hours has been slowww.

Still, we have done 3 rounds in less than 3 days. If we keep at that pace and finish by next weekend we will be fine.

And like I said, if it continues to be so slow I will lower the clock.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
It's mostly sundays that are bad for me. should be good the rest of the way. Again, very very sorry for the delay today. Have a ton of things going on these days. @Zemgus26 ill send you a list tonight

Reactions: Zemgus26

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
To be fair both of our pools are going around the same pace. I was hoping at least 3 rounds would be done by the end of the weekend at the least for mine

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
His injury scares me but I'm going to Alexander Holtz. By far the best forward left on my list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad