Pool: Zemgus26's 3rd Annual WJC Pool

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Personally going in I expected this to be my worst pool sadly.

But I thought Caufield might land me middle of the pack. Suffice to say, I struggle to find a more dissapointing player than him this tournament.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Thanks for hosting zemgus, I have to admit finishing last 3 years in a row is somewhat embarassing.

The worst thing is, I’m actually fairly passionate about this, I did put an arbitrarly big amount of time into this at my job, did a lot of research on the players, made my own rankings, tried to find some sleepers (they were pretty much all figured out in all drafts). I’m also stubborn on picking too many players from the same country, but I think I’ll keep doing it. Oh well.

Reactions: Zemgus26

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Picked a dud for a 1st round pick and a dud of a goalie...So mid pack is probably about as best I could have expected. Interesting that the point totals were so much higher then last years pool.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Thanks for hosting zemgus, I have to admit finishing last 3 years in a row is somewhat embarassing.

The worst thing is, I’m actually fairly passionate about this, I did put an arbitrarly big amount of time into this at my job, did a lot of research on the players, made my own rankings, tried to find some sleepers (they were pretty much all figured out in all drafts). I’m also stubborn on picking too many players from the same country, but I think I’ll keep doing it. Oh well.

Yeah I was trying to target a few of your duds that you got to first :laugh:

It happens. A lot of it is luck and yours is bound to turn around next year so I hope you are back :thumbu:

Reactions: Kent Nilsson

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
Yeah I was trying to target a few of your duds that you got to first :laugh:

It happens. A lot of it is luck and yours is bound to turn around next year so I hope you are back :thumbu:

Oh definitely I plan to be drafting junior players for a long time. Props to everyone that does this, the drafting groups are getting solid.

One guy everyone missed is Shane Pinto, as the tourney went on I started wondering, “how do I not have this guy in all of my pools ?”.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Oh definitely I plan to be drafting junior players for a long time. Props to everyone that does this, the drafting groups are getting solid.

One guy everyone missed is Shane Pinto, as the tourney went on I started wondering, “how do I not have this guy in all of my pools ?”.
I didn't have a plan on any of the pools I participated and I managed to win the euro pool. I don't know how that happened. :laugh:

No planning and pick is in 10 minutes when I notice it is my turn to pick.

E: actually I had one strategy: avoid Finns :(

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
I didn't have a plan on any of the pools I participated and I managed to win the euro pool. I don't know how that happened. :laugh:

No planning and pick is in 10 minutes when I notice it is my turn to pick.

E: actually I had one strategy: avoid Finns :(

Why avoid finns

My strategy was to prioritize players who had games against Kazakhstan... I avoided germans because I legit thought they could beat czechs, who would end up in relegation. Russians f***ed it all up though. I overthought a lot of things.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Why avoid finns

My strategy was to prioritize players who had games against Kazakhstan... I avoided germans because I legit thought they could beat czechs, who would end up in relegation. Russians ****ed it all up though. I overthought a lot of things.
I didn't know before the tournament who was going to score goals for Finland, so I avoided them. I had Tanus in one pool, Oden in one pool.. so not a total mistake.

In the end I focused on picking Russians in most of the pools. Of course I needed to pick at least one Finn per pool just because I want to cheer for those guys.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
My main strategy was to load up on Germans since I figured they would feast in relegation - it worked to an extent, but Bokk exceeded expectations in the round robin. Still can't figure out goaltending in this tournament.

I didn't know much about Pinto going in, but I figured that he'd be a decent middle 6 forward and play with some good linemates on USA based on his draft status and club stats so I took him since I wasn't enthralled with any of the other forwards at that point of the draft. Was not expecting him to have the tournament he did.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
congrats LainePeg and thanks Zemgus as always.

I'm not even mad. Had I taken Hofer instead of Rodrigue I'm 2nd. Had the dumbass American coach played his best defenseman I might get 1st. Those are really my only 2 regrettable picks. Elsewhere I'm happy. That's 6th I guess, good strategy, just missed the execution twice.

Reactions: Zemgus26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->