Pool: Zemgus26's 2nd Annual WJC Pool

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Tarasov losing the starters job for the Russians kind of took me out at the knees...Pretty happy with the rest of my team other then a couple Swedes that were useless.

Reactions: Zemgus26

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Thanks for hosting Zemgus, I will conclude by ranking my picks in order of how much I regret them:

1- Quinn Hughes: useless in both my pools.
2- Evan Barratt: after the round robin I cringed every time I saw his face on TV.
3- Necas: perfect leader for my team :thumbu:
4- Jay O’Brien: I was debating taking him or Chmelevski, I dont even think him and St Ivany were getting actual ice time at the end. I still dont know whether St Ivanys name is Jack or John.
5- Ian Scott: Was going for broke with this pick and went broke.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Thanks for hosting Zemgus, I will conclude by ranking my picks in order of how much I regret them:

1- Quinn Hughes: useless in both my pools.
2- Evan Barratt: after the round robin I cringed every time I saw his face on TV.
3- Necas: perfect leader for my team :thumbu:
4- Jay O’Brien: I was debating taking him or Chmelevski, I dont even think him and St Ivany were getting actual ice time at the end. I still dont know whether St Ivanys name is Jack or John.
5- Ian Scott: Was going for broke with this pick and went broke.

Tbh, after the drafting of teams had concluded, I thought yours was the best. Here we are though, with me 9th and you 10th...shows what I know :laugh:

Necas and Hughes combining for a whopping 6 points still stuns me. Rough luck but nowhere to go but up ;)

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Tbh, after the drafting of teams had concluded, I thought yours was the best. Here we are though, with me 9th and you 10th...shows what I know :laugh:

Necas and Hughes combining for a whopping 6 points still stuns me. Rough luck but nowhere to go but up ;)

Thx for cheers pro HF pooler. I think Ill do the math for my team Finland last year in this pool, it might beat my current team.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm going to risk my timeout and challenge this goal tiebreaker we're using. Also can I have that random 1 point advantage Scorevat thought I had on him entering the gold medal game? That would come in handy right about now :sarcasm:

I knew coming down the home stretch that a Finland goal wouldn't do it for me unless all 3 of my guys were in on it. Vaakanainen was on the ice and IIRC would have gotten the 3rd assist on that goal. Sadly Jokiharu had to be at that point instead. Then with 1.5 minutes left, Hughes, Farabee on the ice as well as Kakko, and Vaakanainen(and maybe Lundell not sure) with an empty net to shoot at I was just begging for something to happen. But alas it was not meant to be.

I blame Zemgus for jinxing me when he said I was the heavy favorite :sarcasm:

Thanks for the awesome pool, and I hope to be back to not pull a Zemgus and get back to back silvers but instead win gold next year :)

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I'm going to risk my timeout and challenge this goal tiebreaker we're using. Also can I have that random 1 point advantage Scorevat thought I had on him entering the gold medal game? That would come in handy right about now :sarcasm:

I knew coming down the home stretch that a Finland goal wouldn't do it for me unless all 3 of my guys were in on it. Vaakanainen was on the ice and IIRC would have gotten the 3rd assist on that goal. Sadly Jokiharu had to be at that point instead. Then with 1.5 minutes left, Hughes, Farabee on the ice as well as Kakko, and Vaakanainen(and maybe Lundell not sure) with an empty net to shoot at I was just begging for something to happen. But alas it was not meant to be.

I blame Zemgus for jinxing me when he said I was the heavy favorite :sarcasm:

Thanks for the awesome pool, and I hope to be back to not pull a Zemgus and get back to back silvers but instead win gold next year :)

Ouch. Savage :eek:

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Thanks for hosting again Zemgus, my luck with these is terrible but I always enjoy them and would love to do it again next year.

What killed me is not having a goalie. I thought Skarek would be the starter for the Czechs (who I thought would do much better than they did) for sure this year after playing second fiddle to Korenar last year, but he barely played. Gonna have to rethink my goalie approach if I want to have any success here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad