Zemgus26's 2 Round Mock Draft

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I love Meloche but if we resign Petry we're taking a forward. Ideally Beauvillier or Eriksson Ek.

I don't think having Petry should affect them taking Meloche. Meloche is a great physical two-way D with a huge shot. I think Montreal could use a player like that. Beauviller has great skill but I think Montreal shouldn't take another small forward here. As for Eriksson-Ek, I think he would be a good fit their but I just think Meloche is more of what Montreal needs. I think the ideal pick here for them would be Boeser but I doubt he falls to them at this spot.

Steven

May 10, 2009
This is probably my favorite mock I've found from a Flames perspective. J. Roy is a logical pick and gives us a puck-moving D with high potential that the organization really needs at the prospect level. Senyshyn is a RW (another need for the team) with decent size (6'2") and a goal-scoring touch. Cernak gives us a 6'3" project D that could end up being a top-4 guy. And N. Roy gives us a 6'4" gritty 2-way utility player unlike any other player in the Flames system at the moment. And the best part? All 4 are right handed, something the organization really needs IMO.

Size, defence and right hand shots. Great work :handclap:

joeyabs

May 15, 2013
SoDoSoPa
This is probably my favorite mock I've found from a Flames perspective. J. Roy is a logical pick and gives us a puck-moving D with high potential that the organization really needs at the prospect level. Senyshyn is a RW (another need for the team) with decent size (6'2") and a goal-scoring touch. Cernak gives us a 6'3" project D that could end up being a top-4 guy. And N. Roy gives us a 6'4" gritty 2-way utility player unlike any other player in the Flames system at the moment. And the best part? All 4 are right handed, something the organization really needs IMO.

agree. Good pickin's for Flames. J. Roy and Senyshyn are guys I really want Flames to target. The other 2 are reasonable fit / needs.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario

Haha thanks, that's pretty much my exact thoughts for Calgary here. Those 3 2nd round picks will be great for them to really stregthen some of those areas of weakness. Thanks for the feedback!

While I'm here, I have a question for flames fans: If Roy was off the board by their pick (my thinking is with McDavid now, Edmonton MIGHT pick him one spot before if the picks stay the same), would you rather take Nick Merkley, a playmaking forward who can play C or RW OR Oliver Kylington, an offensive LHD OR someone else entirely? Your feedback would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad