Zegras Worth From Fans..

What is Zegras Worth and why would pay him that much?

• 3 - 4m AAV

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 5-6m AAV

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • 7-8M AAV

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • 9-10mAAV

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think Drysdale gets done soon but more and more I’m thinking Zegs could take a while. It might take seeing his buddies on the ice together in real games. If nothing else this stalemate has illuminated quite starkly what Verbeek thinks of him as a player

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I feel there are far too many conclusions being made about Z as a player and his own character and about how PV thinks about him as a player. We quite literally know 1 thing, Zegras isn't signed. He's not the first RFA to go unsigned into training camp. He won't be the last. At this stage I don't think its fair to make any conclusions about either party with the exception PV is partly to blame by his desire to wait until the offseason to make this negotiation. If it goes longer than he's going to be negotiating in season anyway so what was the point of waiting?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I feel there are far too many conclusions being made about Z as a player and his own character and about how PV thinks about him as a player. We quite literally know 1 thing, Zegras isn't signed. He's not the first RFA to go unsigned into training camp. He won't be the last. At this stage I don't think its fair to make any conclusions about either party with the exception PV is partly to blame by his desire to wait until the offseason to make this negotiation. If it goes longer than he's going to be negotiating in season anyway so what was the point of waiting?
The point of waiting was to use two seasons of performance to assess the value for their next contracts rather than one

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
The point of waiting was to use two seasons of performance to assess the value for their next contracts rather than one
He can use last season without waiting for it to be completed. Heck he could have even made concerns known and even allowed the player to try and address them. Yes the player should already have been aware but it's certainly a bit more front and center when you're being told your next contract is in jeopardy.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
He can use last season without waiting for it to be completed. Heck he could have even made concerns known and even allowed the player to try and address them. Yes the player should already have been aware but it's certainly a bit more front and center when you're being told your next contract is in jeopardy.
Refer back to your own post about not jumping to conclusions

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
All this talk about core players and building up around them is getting me excited for the future, and pulling my focus off the unsigned situation.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don’t think it’s unlikely that he gets traded at this point. The sides appear to be very far apart here still

If Verbeek can get a few great assets for him you never know….

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I don’t think it’s unlikely that he gets traded at this point. The sides appear to be very far apart here still

If Verbeek can get a few great assets for him you never know….
Would have to be some absurdly great assets, to be honest. Verbeek would have to be incredibly stupid (or Zegras incredibly petulant) for negotiations not to lead anywhere when the team has full control of his rights.

Not that he won't be traded, it's definitely a possibility, but the return for someone as good and marketable as Zegras in his RFA years would have to be astronomical. And I don't think any of the red-white-and-blue teams have that. Unless it's like, lol, Zegras for Fantilli one-for-one.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would have to be some absurdly great assets, to be honest. Verbeek would have to be incredibly stupid (or Zegras incredibly petulant) for negotiations not to lead anywhere when the team has full control of his rights.

Not that he won't be traded, it's definitely a possibility, but the return for someone as good and marketable as Zegras in his RFA years would have to be astronomical. And I don't think any of the red-white-and-blue teams have that. Unless it's like, lol, Zegras for Fantilli one-for-one.
I mean rangers could make a decent package…. But doubt they would go for zegras

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf

Given that Fantilli has very high upside, but has not played in a single regular-season NHL match, I wouldn't make this swap as-is - and I am a huge Fantilli fan.

Fantilli + 2nd or 1st in 2024 + some cap dump for 1-2 years like Roslovic or Provorov, however, and I'd listen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think I would still prefer Zegras over Lafreniere and Kakko
Prob but if they were to put a package around kakko or laf I may be more intrigued.

I like perreault, Othmann, sykora.

Issue would be very tough to make money work

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
They agreed on term. They are negotiating ammount. Relax.
old-school-keep-our-composure.gif

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad