Zegras with Lacrosse goal vs Habs

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I hope he does it on Seider, just so certain redwing fans can have a mental breakdowns

datsyuk innovative
Zegras gimmicky
:wally
A lot of the stuff zegras does is cause datsyuk paved the way…. If you want to hate zegras you should hate datsyuk too
I am a Wings fan, and Zegras just scored an all-time awesome goal. I am pretty sure it sealed in the deal for his Calder. No way the league turns down such an incredible promotion opportunity.

Perhaps Raymond needs to wake up and invent a thing or two. Or score a goal of any kind. He's been pretty cold lately.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Honestly, could care less about the Calder. His 2nd goal to me was more important, since it ended up being the GW goal. Ducks almost gave that game away. Hopefully they learn to close games out better, would have a better record now. Zegras also needs to be better in his own end and he is starting to improve there but still a lot of work needs to be done.

Trophies are nice, but the main thing is the development of these kids and the team getting into a winning mentality. Honestly am tired of the pissing contest, whether it's Vasi vs Shesty, Makar vs Fox, Raymond vs Zegras, and so on, it just gets annoying and I want to see all these players succeed, just not succeeding against my team of course, lol.
I care if he wins it I get $16,000.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's just red wing fans because they feel threatened by Calder for some reason. My dad will beat your dad up!

We are so scared to have another Calder-runner up like Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidström and Zetterberg were. They lost their Calders for Barrasso, Belfour, Bure, and Jackman.

I would love to see Seider becoming Calder Runner-up superstar like those four Red Wings before.

Seider is pacing for 82 games, 8+38 = 46 point season and and that's double more points than guy like Victor Hedman scored at same age on his first 2 seasons. If that isn't impressive, I don't know what is. Team leader in ice-time etc has been used more than Hronek lately. He just took the torch already to carry the team. Plays with crap DeKeyser, because he is only one able to carry him with his weaknesses etc.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
It's just red wing fans because they feel threatened by Calder for some reason. My dad will beat your dad up!
I mean some wings fans might be salty, but I have also seen you and others downplay Raymond because he plays with Larkin and Bertuzzi. To me that is just as childish. Why anyone feels the need to downplay certain rookies at all to make no sense.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I mean some wings fans might be salty, but I have also seen you and others downplay Raymond because he plays with Larkin and Bertuzzi. To me that is just as childish. Why anyone feels the need to downplay certain rookies at all to make no sense.
I'm not downplaying it I'm stating a fact. I wanted Raymond for than anyone at the draft look at my posts... I was literally his hype man. I would like to see Zegras with some real linemates but he played with Terry last night finally and scored two goals.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I'm not downplaying it I'm stating a fact. I wanted Raymond for than anyone at the draft look at my posts... I was literally his hype man. I would like to see Zegras with some real linemates but he played with Terry last night finally and scored two goals.
Sorry it is not a fact to suggest Zegras would have a huge point total if playing with the wings line. You cannot know how it would shake out. But this is what I mean, you're preaching this talk about certain fans feeling threatened, but you yourself have downplayed the other rookie because you felt he threatened Zegras Calder chance.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
WHY?? It's a friggin' beautiful and skillful play resulting in a goal! WHY?

There's something unique about the thought process that gets a player to attempt something like this, and that should be celebrated. I do have to say that I think a top-corner snipe after a beautiful cross-ice pass takes way more skill than just kinda picking up the puck and dumping it over the goalies shoulder while he's not looking. Again, I like the way he thinks as a player and I like watching him play. A couple of his goals this year will be shown over and over, but I've seen him make 10 plays better than that this season.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Sorry it is not a fact to suggest Zegras would have a huge point total if playing with the wings line. You cannot know how it would shake out. But this is what I mean, you're preaching this talk about certain fans feeling threatened, but you yourself have downplayed the other rookie because you felt he threatened Zegras Calder chance.
The fact I think ANY player would score more points if they played with top line/2nd line players instead of previous AHL foddlers? The logic oh wow

Would you rather play with Larkin and Bertuzzi or Floating Rakell/Milano/Deslauriers/Henrique/Silfverberg.... ???????

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
WHY?? It's a friggin' beautiful and skillful play resulting in a goal! WHY?

I agree it's fun to watch and very skillful, all I'm saying is that if we start to see teams trying things with the stick like that in every game, it would become annoying... kinda what shortfuze said above.

For now, it's exciting to watch and I'm enjoying it, especially being a Ducks fan.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I usually find these goals to be overrated and not as impressive as made out to be.

But this one is perfection because he did it all in one fell swoop motion instead of being stopped in behind the net.

Reactions: bsu

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
The fact I think any player would score more points if they played with better players? The logic oh wow.
But it's never that cut and dry. There have been many lines you think would work but ended up not working out. Zegras could have 70 points or he could just have something similiar to what he has now. We cannot know.

Either way Zegras is a beaut, and I'm glad we have a huge crop of rookies entering the league. More entertainment for me.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
But it's never that cut and dry. There have been many lines you think would work but ended up not working out. Zegras could have 70 points or he could just have something similiar to what he has now. We cannot know.

Either way Zegras is a beaut, and I'm glad we have a huge crop of rookies entering the league. More entertainment for me.
I promise you Zegras would be better with Larkin and Bertuzzi than Henrique/Milano/Rakell/Deslauriers/Silf. You can't really be serious dude is playing with grinders/fighters/AHL foddlers and floating Rakell that cannot even process the game yet alone have the skill at his level offensively. The only player in the entire lineup that can keep up feet/brain/hand wise is Troy Terry. Getzlaf can do 2 of the 3 but he's so slow now.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I agree it's fun to watch and very skillful, all I'm saying is that if we start to see teams trying things with the stick like that in every game, it would become annoying... kinda what shortfuze said above.

For now, it's exciting to watch and I'm enjoying it, especially being a Ducks fan.
This play is not exactly hard to intercept. Players should try new things and their opponents adjust to counter them.

Reactions: bsu

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He's now going to have another counter when they start over playing that just like when he flipped the puck over the net. Kid is playing chess.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I promise you Zegras would be better with Larkin and Bertuzzi than Henrique/Milano/Rakell/Deslauriers/Silf. You can't really be serious dude is playing with grinders/fighters/AHL foddlers and floating Rakell that cannot even process the game yet alone have the skill at his level offensively. The only player in the entire lineup that can keep up feet/brain/hand wise is Troy Terry. Getzlaf can do 2 of the 3 but he's so slow now.
How much does he play with Terry? I'm not trying to be cute or anything with the question. We could talk in circles all day about our opinions, anyways glad your team is trending upwards and hope to see Mason Mctavish have an impact as well.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
How much does he play with Terry? I'm not trying to be cute or anything with the question. We could talk in circles all day about our opinions, anyways glad your team is trending upwards and hope to see Mason Mctavish have an impact as well.
He played his first game with him last night, but some of the game they split them at times too because of Getzlaf injury. They never play together, they don't even play power play together which is so weird. Ducks kinda need them both to carry their own lines though so I guess I kinda get it, they are literally the only two players that can line drive on the team.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Zegras is an absolute stud. Such a cool and smooth goal, somehow his play really matches his personality. A special player who I've been watching since his coming out party at the 2021 IIHF Junior tourney.

Hockey would be improved if there was less pointless rules. High sticking for example ruins a lot of cool plays like deflections and volley shots. Let the game evolve naturally and don't impose pointless restrictions on creativity.

^
robert-de-niro-lol.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad