Former Bruins Zdeno Chara signs with WASHINGTON

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Best 5 on 5 GAA by a landslide last year, lost the two left side top 4 defenders and the lollipop gang wants to say it’s awesome and we’re going to be a better team defensively because the mighty spoked B. Must defend at all costs.

I guess the expectation is that now that those anchors Chara and Krug playing 41 minutes a night are off the team the Bruins won’t let up a single goal. It will truly be a remarkable feat.

maybe it was more McAvoy and Carlo and without their partners they will be even better? Who knows. No chance I’m signing Krug to that deal and Chara is what it is

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
what does Miller have to do with anything?

he’s a right side defenseman. Chara didn’t even leave for money as evidenced by the deal he signed. We had plenty of room for him.

Respect. They'd prioritize someone who hasn't played in almost 2 years over the team captain. They did literally everything to make their team captain feel unwanted

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Time to get younger on D.
Good move. I was hoping for this a few years ago.

In other news....Tom Brady is now with Tampa Bay
Life goes on

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
We could debate the merits of letting prospects develop through play all day. But letting that go, Gryz absolutely deserves to be on the first pairing. Look at the advanced numbers when Gryz and McAvoy have paired up the last few years. They're downright elite.

Gryz deserves to be a first pairing defender??

Not on this planet.

And not in the NHL.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Its almost like there is a difference between not being good and being injured

Sure. But wouldn’t they know that? I’m not onboard that they’re just ridiculously stupid. Let’s be honest.

This kinda stuff never comes down to one reason...guessing they probably feel you can’t take his mins...if he stays, at best, he’s burned out again deep in the playoffs...they probably want a bit of a new era...a new drive to get over the top...DS combining the “now or never/get move’n” for his prospects...with the need to save some money overall...probably feels we need to get more mobile...etc...

That’s all great. Sure. Okay. But what about the physical part of the team? I could say “okay, you’re just delusional or oblivious about it,” but you mentioned it right after the playoffs, then did nothing about it, really.

If Frederick isn’t on this team I will join the DS is clueless parade. But while I don’t agree with numerous moves, I can understand the thought process.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
lol this a joke? Players choke vs an inferior STL team in game 7 and Sweeney should be fired one season later after his put together best team in hockey got side tracked by a global pandemic?

that’s rich
Sweeney is the joke and not a very funny one.

member 96824

maybe it was more McAvoy and Carlo and without their partners they will be even better? Who knows. No chance I’m signing Krug to that deal and Chara is what it is

What would “even better” look like?

I ask cause I don’t know. I think the defense looks significantly worse on both sides of the puck and I bet the results follow. Hard to beat being the best in the league.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Respect. They'd prioritize someone who hasn't played in almost 2 years over the team captain. They did literally everything to make their team captain feel unwanted

By wanting him to take a reduced role and paycheck at 43? By wanting to move on? 56 games in 118 days or whatever. Is that conducive to promising an older guy his same role? Maybe Chara didn’t want to be a 3rd pair here? Maybe it looks better to do it on another team? Who knows that happened but it didn’t just shake out today. Bruins didn’t decide their strategy or tell him today

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Sweeney is the joke and not a very funny one.
Exactly correct
Sweeney signs Moore and he can’t crack the lineup
Then he signs Miller again and again
I guess he will keep signing him until he retires

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
By wanting him to take a reduced role and paycheck at 43? By wanting to move on? 56 games in 118 days or whatever. Is that conducive to promising an older guy his same role? Maybe Chara didn’t want to be a 3rd pair here? Maybe it looks better to do it on another team? Who knows that happened but it didn’t just shake out today. Bruins didn’t decide their strategy or tell him today

So...the answer is to sign an even more useless player when you're trying to rebuild

Reactions: Gordoff

member 96824

By taking the next step individually and growing into better all around players?

Oh my bad I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were talking about the team overall, not those guys individually.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
This GM has systematically destroyed a Stanley cup winning nucleus move by move, little by litte......While the great players all bought in. It has been the most disgraceful 5 year run i have ever seen a large market team has ever done witha cup winning nucleus in tact. McAvoy is his lone bright spot.....in six years....Pathetic. Coyle and Carlo are decent players........How does he even walk the streets in that city ?

Reactions: Gordoff

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
the roads are full of squashed squirrels that couldn’t make a decision.

For sure. This indecision has been problematic in their tenure. But it got them to a game 7 of the finals.

And that’s the thing with this FO. Be good enough to win it if everything falls into place but don’t ever really go hard in one direction or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad