Former Bruins Zdeno Chara signs with WASHINGTON - II

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I'm not sure Zdeno ever had the balance required to dribble Claude Lemieux across the ice.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I was thinking the same thus morning. In fact, Chara should be considered for the GM job or some other Bruins Brass position. He is as smart as they come and he has the cred and respect needed to attract talent. Not to mention his work ethic.

I never thought of that.

I can't imagine the Bruins handing him the GM reigns any time soon. He needs much more experience.

But it would be great if he supplanted SweeNeely.

Reactions: Serge

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think he wants to stay in the East, close to his family.

Just retire, Zee, so we can throw a big party for you.

So in theory he could re-sign with the Caps or go to Buffalo, NYR, NYI, Philly, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Florida or TB, provided they have the cap space and need a defenseman. TB should be out of the running with their cap but as we all know they are masters of circumventing it if they need to. Buffalo is a giant shitshow of a franchise so they're out. The Rangers have all world Adam Fox, so they don't need Z. Islanders maybe, they lost Boychuk & Leddy. I don't know about Philly, Pitts, Carolina or Florida.

You're right, he should just retire. We'll throw him the biggest retirement party since Bobby Orr's.

Reactions: TCB and GordonHowe

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think after he gained experience Zee would be a good GM. OTOH he may not want to remain in hockey once his playing days end. :dunno:

One thing for sure: Zee really is as smart as Don Sweeney thinks he is.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
You know what would be wicked awesome making Chara GM. Makes total sense - he’s got zero front office experience but he’s tall and played hockey so he would be great. Twitter Bruins fans I bet would agree with this

This is why you make him President. You don't need experience or qualifications for that. Just ask Cam Neely.

Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is why you make him President. You don't need experience or qualifications for that. Just ask Cam Neely.
I like Cam and think he does a great job

The Neely is a dummy is one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard

Last edited by a moderator:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
  • upload_2021-8-19_15-24-41.jpeg
  • Chara GM and trade for Tom Wilson

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad