Former Bruins Zdeno Chara signs with WASHINGTON - II

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
There is only one big man, and it isn’t Tuukka.

I got it; my bad; I was too quick to post without reading the title. I have this Tuukka Rask, veteran goalie, the Boston Bruins' next goalie team for the coming season in my head.

I have been very clear about my position regarding Chara, "the Big Man," and the Bruins' decision last offseason; it's the effect on this past season's play, and results. And where the Bruins are for this coming season.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Always thought he should retire on his own terms, but if he were to make that choice now his last game would have been against the Bruins and they couldn’t even get a single shot on goal when he was on the ice ... that’d be a good way to go out.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Has there been any word on what the big man plans to do this season? Seems really quiet.
My guess is he's going to see if there's interest in free agency. If some team wants them, and he thinks it's a fit, I see him playing another year. I don't think a contender takes him, but he could be of value to a young team that needs a veteran locker room presence. Ottawa kinda makes sense to me. Z started his career there, and they have some quality young pieces without a true leader. Z could go in and show them how a good locker room is run, and mentor whoever they select to be their next captain on how to be the best they can be in the role.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
My guess is he's going to see if there's interest in free agency. If some team wants them, and he thinks it's a fit, I see him playing another year. I don't think a contender takes him, but he could be of value to a young team that needs a veteran locker room presence. Ottawa kinda makes sense to me. Z started his career there, and they have some quality young pieces without a true leader. Z could go in and show them how a good locker room is run, and mentor whoever they select to be their next captain on how to be the best they can be in the role.
I don’t know I think if he were to play another season he would want to do it knowing he has a shot at the cup.

Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'd be ok with that as long as we sign Hall, Krejci and add another goalie

Excuse: This will not happen.

I expect Z to retire. He could, of course, return to the Caps; I don't see him chasing a Cup elswhere, at 44, with a family to raise in Boston.

My hope is that Zdeno retires, and sees his number raised to the rafters as a raucous Garden fandom celebrates his greatness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad