Former Bruins Zdeno Chara signs with WASHINGTON - II

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The only good thing about Chara being GM or
President is he gets rid of Cassidy who he logically has animosity to and bring back Clode.

clode can still coach and the change would be good for DeBrusk as well as he definitely has issues with Cassidy

Reactions: Gordoff

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Unless Blues are the only team interested... Z could still decline. Retire

Would be weird to see Chara and Krug in Blues jerseys

With one more full season, Zdeno Chara would take the lead among all NHL defensemen in career games played. He currently sits in fifth, just 43 games behind the leader Chris Chelios, who played until he was 48. Chara isn’t quite that old at 44, and is coming off a relatively effective season with the Washington Capitals. If he intends on playing again this season as expected, there’s an old rival interested in his services. According to Jeremy Rutherford of The Athletic, the St. Louis Blues have expressed interest in Chara, as they did in the 2020 offseason before he signed with the Capitals.
Chara and the Blues know each other very well from their 2019 Stanley Cup Final, which went the full seven games and resulted in St. Louis’ first franchise championship. As usual, the veteran defenseman was dealing with injuries by the time the title series came around—this time playing with a broken jaw—but still managed three points in the seven games. Chara is up to 200 playoff games in his career, but hasn’t been able to hoist the trophy since 2011.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How soon would it be after he retires the honor him. I’m not so sure it will be as quick as we think.

not Brad Park like but a little bloom off the rose

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I could see Chara spending a season in Carolina. They have a good young defense and a vet leader like Chara could help them learn how to prepare to win. Limit his ice time on the 3rd pairing, kill penalties etc.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It he signs with the Blues after how they head hunted their way to a SC I hope they put off retiring his jersey for 10 years. Chara actually in the same looker room with Steve Ott is disgusting. Apparently he has 0.0 pride

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
It he signs with the Blues after how they head hunted their way to a SC I hope they put off retiring his jersey for 10 years. Chara actually in the same looker room with Steve Ott is disgusting. Apparently he has 0.0 pride

In the words of Joe Biden.

Come on mannnnnn.

You are better than this post DKH.

Reactions: DKH

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

maybe he wants to play with krug

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

This is a shot at the people who went after Savard when he signed with the Blue front office after their cup win.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I was to be angry at Chara for signing with any team that beat up the bruins these days, I'd never be happy
Don’t be mad at Chara for signing with a team that beat up the Bruins. Be angry at the Bruins for allowing themselves to be beaten up.

Just thinking those words is enough to make me vomit in my mouth.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I could see Chara spending a season in Carolina. They have a good young defense and a vet leader like Chara could help them learn how to prepare to win. Limit his ice time on the 3rd pairing, kill penalties etc.

Yup also the Panthers two real good young teams with legit Cup Chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oates2Neely

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

They didn't head hunt their way to anything

They punched the Bruins in the mouth and the Bruins flinched. Same exact thing that we did to Vancouver.

Not the Blues fault we were Charmin soft

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I feel for Big Z. I'm sure he wants to continue to play and be a difference-maker on the ice. But it's almost September – if teams thought he was still a difference-maker, wouldn't he have been signed by now?

And if he's going to go forward in a diminished role – 3rd-pairing PK guy – why didn't he just stay in Boston and take that role with the team he'd probably prefer to retire from.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

He already played with Tom Wilson and Ovechkin this year. It's not much of a step down, but I'll still be disappointed.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad