Zdeno Chara and His Plant-Based Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Veganism isn't a diet, and science is on the side of it anyway. So...

How did you feel about the scientific journal that said we evolved eating meat, or the scientific journal that said meat protein is superior for MPS?

Your generalizing and attacking an entire base with confirmation bias and emotion.

I was attacked first and the only one who used facts and not confirmation bias or emotion in their argument was me.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
How did you feel about the scientific journal that said we evolved eating meat, or the scientific journal that said meat protein is superior for MPS?
check out govegan.com/eatinganimalsismurder/wheresthenearestwholefoods/ for that answer

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

I was attacked first and the only one who used facts and not confirmation bias or emotion in their argument was me.

Wrong and wrong again, I already posted earlier, go look up starch brain.

And no matter how many times you claim that you're posting "facts" it doesn't make you right. This is all easily researchable stuff, you'd be well served to look into it before posting again.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Wrong and wrong again, I already posted earlier, go look up starch brain.

And no matter how many times you claim that you're posting "facts" it doesn't make you right. This is all easily researchable stuff, you'd be well served to look into it before posting again.

I literally did the research, lol. You can't just tell somebody to "look up starch brain" and ignore the scientific journals they've posted. It's like if I told somebody about global warming and they said "wrong. Look up clean coal." Oh wait, that actually sounds like somebody...:laugh:

You haven't posted a scientific journal or any sort of other studies to support your information. I've researched it. You're ignoring every single argument I make and all of the facts and resorting to personal attacks on my intelligence. Yes, you have more knowledge of veganism, given that you've done it for longer, but you also have significantly more bias, which clouds your judgment. This bias can be clearly observed when you try to pass off vegan cake, cookies, pizza, chicken wings, etc. as comparable to their non-vegan (or, you know, normal) counterparts.

Reactions: tny760

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
Where is my incorrect information? There is absolutely an instinctual desire to eat meat. Here's a scientific journal.

Impact of meat and Lower Palaeolithic food processing techniques on chewing in humans

I don't have a nature subscription so I cant read the entire article but the abstract covers nothing of that.

"Here we report experiments that tested how Lower Palaeolithic processing technologies affect chewing force production and efficacy in humans consuming meat and underground storage organs (USOs)."

It says nothing about an instinctual desire to eat meat.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don't have a nature subscription so I cant read the entire article but the abstract covers nothing of that.

"Here we report experiments that tested how Lower Palaeolithic processing technologies affect chewing force production and efficacy in humans consuming meat and underground storage organs (USOs)."

It says nothing about an instinctual desire to eat meat.

Here is where that journal came from: Sorry Vegans: Here's How Meat-Eating Made Us Human

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I literally did the research, lol. You can't just tell somebody to "look up starch brain" and ignore the scientific journals they've posted. It's like if I told somebody about global warming and they said "wrong. Look up clean coal." Oh wait, that actually sounds like somebody...:laugh:

You haven't posted a scientific journal or any sort of other studies to support your information. I've researched it. You're ignoring every single argument I make and all of the facts and resorting to personal attacks on my intelligence. Yes, you have more knowledge of veganism, given that you've done it for longer, but you also have significantly more bias, which clouds your judgment. This bias can be clearly observed when you try to pass off vegan cake, cookies, pizza, chicken wings, etc. as comparable to their non-vegan (or, you know, normal) counterparts.

It comes down to basic nutrition and it has at this point in time been proven ad nauseum whether you choose to admit or believe it or not that humans can indeed survive equally as well on a plant based diet as they can on one containing meat and/or animal byproducts in this day and age. The 4 food groups was bullshit, period. I don't give a shit what anyone wants to eat but stop pretending it matters here and now, it doesn't and the fact is that with the amount of humans inhabiting this rock these days we all better figure out how to sustain, the factory farming is a major contributor to f***ing this planet up and is not sustainable, period.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
here's what i don't get: why vegans abandoned the "hey man, try it out you might like it. it's an easy way to lower caloric intake, maybe you don't need all that protein if you're not an athlete" for the "you're a murderer, veganism is better for you, it's better for athletes, it's better for the world, ps you're a murderer" nonsense that has no basis in reality

for a concept that ultimately comes down to respect for other beings, being militant about it is so backwards

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Regardless of what people want to claim, this thread hasn't been about hockey for several pages.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad