Confirmed with Link: Zbynek Michalek - 2 years, 3.2 AAV

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
If we are paying him $3.2m...he's not getting 3rd pairing minutes, he's getting 1st pairing minutes guys. Just get used to it. So:

OEL-Z
Grossman-Murph
Dahlbeck-Stone
Gormley

Not how I would do it mind you - just how I expect DT to roll them out.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
We were sold a youth movement and again get sold the same rusty pile of ****. **** this team.

To be fair none of the guys we signed are going to take time away from the prospects. They're all bottom 6 guys and z is a rhd, our only 2 young rhds can still play. Also every guy we signed seems like a high character guy, so good for building a hard working responsible room. They all also kind of suck though, so we'll be an absolute train wreck.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
"I never wanted to get traded last season but it was the best thing for the team and I understood. I was hoping to come back." - Michalek

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Not very happy on this one. I will wait to see how he is used or if anyone else is moved before making a final judgment.

Could always try to move one of Murphy or Stone with the NYR 1st for something. Really liked the Shattinkirk and Berglund idea.

But right now this just doesn't make much sense.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's okay, I guess.

I like Z. They're just going to give him too many minutes, and they paid him too much. It's only a two year, though, so it doesn't really matter. Plus Stone and Murphy are well on their way to earning Tippett's trust regardless. We don't have any big ticket RHD prospects who are blocked by this signing.

I'm glad we didn't burn assets on Bieksa or someone like that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Would have liked to see someone that can keep up with the play and push back if necessary, following today's theme.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
It's okay, I guess.

I like Z. They're just going to give him too many minutes, and they paid him too much. It's only a two year, though, so it doesn't really matter. Plus Stone and Murphy are well on their way to earning Tippett's trust regardless. We don't have any big ticket RHD prospects who are blocked by this signing.

Yeah, I mean I don't mind him on the third pairing, but I bet anything that Tippett will put him back with OEL after like 15 games, if Stone or Murphy don't set the world on fire, right out of the gate, while playing with OEL.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yeah I feel Z is somewhat of a repeat of Grossman. I mean why bother with Grossman if you were thinking about signing Z for two years? I guess we did make room for two forward spots by getting rid of Korpi and Ganger. This is is much tougher than last year that's for sure.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
All time Coyote games

1320 Shane Doan
558 Keith Yandle
551 Teppo Numminen
544 Derek Morris
539 Zbynek Michalek

After 20 games he'll go 2nd all time.

Mr Pukhead

Where's my ambulance
Jan 18, 2011
All time Coyote games

1320 Shane Doan
558 Keith Yandle
551 Teppo Numminen
544 Derek Morris
539 Zbynek Michalek

After 20 games he'll go 2nd all time.

Run, don't walk, and tap on something made of wood immediately! ;)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I like this move only if Z has a reduced role, playing behind Stone and Murphy or trading one of those two for a No. 2 D.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Something almost has to be in the works with one of those two. I have a hard time believing the plan is to pay him 3M to play third pairing. Plus rumours of us going after Franson.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Something almost has to be in the works with one of those two. I have a hard time believing the plan is to pay him 3M to play third pairing. Plus rumours of us going after Franson.

I posted Don's conference in the other thread. Our great beat writers left out Don looking for a puck mover.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's okay, I guess.

Yeah, your right, we didn't have to lose an asset for Z, but still not real happy with him coming back but we have no idea who else if anyone was available or wanted to come here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad