Confirmed with Link: Zbynek Michalek - 2 years, 3.2 AAV

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
Well we had to add a RHD, and if this means we don't vastly overpay on someone like Franson, so be it.

That trade from last year sure looks good doesn't it? We save about a month of salary and get Letunov...

cactus shake

Oct 22, 2013
Might work out alright if he's helping Dahlbeck on the bottom pair & freeing Stone & Murphy from some PK minutes.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Z has nothing left. He's possibly the slowest player in the god damn league, and he's going to be thrown straight back into the Pacific.. for two years. Look forward to him trying to shut down McDavid :laugh:

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Z has nothing left. He's possibly the slowest player in the god damn league, and he's going to be thrown straight back into the Pacific.. for two years. Look forward to him trying to shut down McDavid :laugh:

Grossmann can challenge him for that honor.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
From a leadership and teaching perspective I like it, but z is broken. And 2 years? Ugh. This better be for dirt dollars.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
3.2AAV :laugh:! Just sign Vermette to a 5yr 6milper and call it a day. Kill me now.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Nah, now it's just getting comical. If by some miracle we weren't considered the worst organization in the NHL, there should be no question we're at the top of that list after today.

What's the definition of insanity again?

Can't wait for training camp and Domi, Duclair, et al., going to Springfield while Tippett says, "We need more veteran grit to compete in this league."

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Followed shortly by a Vermette signing, I'd wager.

DM's trying to get the 2012 band back together. What's next, Ray Whitney?

Z didn't play with us the season we went to WCF. ;)

But yeah, I hate this move. It reeks of complete desperation on management's part. Z honestly looked he could barely even skate anymore last season. I don't want him anywhere near the top pairing again, but the team is so weak on the right side, we almost have no choice. Of course, even is we did have a choice, Tippett would play him on the top pairing anyway.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Z is better suited for a bottom pairing role at this point, so maybe the plan is to package Stone for center help?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's should be 3.2 total. He got twice the money he should have.

This doesn't push Stone or Murphy down the depth chart. Michalek is a 3rd pairing guy at this point. We need our third pairing D to be physical. He's not physical. Grossmann should also be a 3rd pairing guy. Grossmann+Michalek is wayyy too slow to be paired together.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
If 3.2M AAV is an accurate number the Don is doing Z a solid in return for those years early in Z's career when he was incredibly underpaid.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's should be 3.2 total. He got twice the money he should have.

This doesn't push Stone or Murphy down the depth chart. Michalek is a 3rd pairing guy at this point. We need our third pairing D to be physical. He's not physical. Grossmann should also be a 3rd pairing guy. Grossmann+Michalek is wayyy too slow to be paired together.

That what I think. Did not like the Z signing.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
We were sold a youth movement and again get sold the same rusty pile of ****. **** this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad