ZATES FANTASY (zatornator11's Random Roster League) GMs Join Now

zatornator11

May 21, 2005
The league has been created! Search for "zates fantasy" and join under your team! I will accept join requests as them come in

LEAGUE NAME: zates fantasy

I have decided to create another league where we will have random rosters (sort of like a fantasy draft). I thought it would be kind of fun to have a league where we have to work with the players we are given. So whatever team you want to be, sign up for them. You will not know what roster you will get! On September 11, I will be getting the game and will randomize the rosters, and send out league join requests. I would like all GMs to get the game before Sept 14 (Friday), so we can get this thing off the ground ASAP!

NHL 13 will have a randomize team rosters option. This will randomize the team rosters so that teams will start out relatively even. That way you can avoid arguments over who gets what team, and nobody has an automatic advantage because of the strength of the team they pick.

After the roster randomization, we will have 2 real days of trades and free agency so you can fill holes in your roster or trade players you don't want and start building your team and creating an identity (building around certain players). We will then start the regular season. After we begin the season, trades will still be allowed, but not excessive trading. I will warn people who engage in this. At the trade deadline, we will stop simming and have 1 real day of trade deadline.

Let's have some fun with this guys!

We will have 4 real days with a 2 week tick. We will be playing 5 or 7 min periods (if I can change it) on all-star difficulty with injuries on.

I want to play as many games as possible. But to make it so we can have as many seasons as possible, I am going to sim every 8 days (basically every month in game) Which would translate into one 2 week period. This makes it so there is a blend of skill at playing the game and skill at managing your team.

Please post your gamertag as well as the team you want. Then send me a friend request on Xbox Live. My gamertag is MZAT11.

You will be Confirmed when you have sent me an Xbox Live friend request and I have accepted it. The deadline to submit friend requests is September 4. (1 week to release)

GM List

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

New Jersey Devils - bellis25 GT: bellis25 Confirmed
New York Islanders - Peasy GT: Peasy P Confirmed
New York Rangers - B1SHOP GT: Bishop x 10 x Confirmed
Philadelphia Flyers - Dishy GT: Dishee Confirmed
Pittsburgh Penguins - HOUSUTON GT: F4CEPALM Confirmed

Northeast Division

Boston Bruins - LUCICHARASK GT: SLOMOTION53 Confirmed
Buffalo Sabres - Stockey GT: Stockey10 Confirmed
Montreal Canadiens - zatornator11 GT: MZAT11 Commish
Ottawa Senators - steafo GT: steafo Confirmed
Toronto Maple Leafs - Erza Scarlet GT: Erza Heartfelia Confirmed

Southeast Division

Carolina Hurricanes - Petre94 GT: X PeTrE X Confirmed
Florida Panthers - BSbauer GT: Fruit Smooothy Confirmed
Tampa Bay Lightning - NYRMatt GT: NYR x Matt Confirmed
Washington Capitals - rumschlag182 GT: Caps4182 Confirmed
Winnipeg Jets - ? GT: BrianB360 Confirmed

Western Conference

Central Division

Chicago Blackhawks - The Bad Seed GT: e werewolf Confirmed
Columbus Blue Jackets - jonyro84 GT: The JOHNster84 Confirmed
Detroit Red Wings - Starfighter GT: StarfighterX Confirmed
Nashville Predators - canucksPK GT: SuperVegeta xx Confirmed
St. Louis Blues - Parrish GT: General Parrish Confirmed

Northwest Division

Calgary Flames - princegeorgehockey GT: PapaaDiesel Confirmed
Colorado Avalanche - King Henrique GT: xxbulletpr0ofxx Confirmed
Edmonton Oilers - 4EDM14OIL93 GT: XxFALLEN13xX Confirmed
Minnesota Wild - LoneSteele GT: LoneSteele Confirmed
Vancouver Canucks - Spezza19 GT: mikes450 Confirmed

Pacific Division

Anaheim Ducks - Degenerate191 GT: Dexter2328 Confirmed
Dallas Stars - FrizzleFry22 GT: orlajose22 Confirmed
Los Angeles Kings - Malakian#13 GT: JackSambo Confirmed
Phoenix Coyotes - Dynamic Duo 934 GT: Akash 88 Confirmed
San Jose Sharks - BrianSmith GT: GtMstng65 Confirmed

Reserves

Jepockn GT: ?

Last edited:

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
I would like to withdraw from your other league and be active in this one if it is ok with you....

Ottawa Senators.

GT: steafo (former GM of St. Louis Blues in your other league if you allow me to switch leagues)

I like the idea of random rosters.

zatornator11

May 21, 2005
That would be fine with me, for sure! I will put St Louis up as available, and sign you up for Ottawa. Tell any of your friends in other leagues about this one! I'm really excited for this league too!

zatornator11

May 21, 2005
bump

Is there interest in this? I hope there is because I really want to have this league get off the ground because it's different from all the other ones on the board right now. We still have 2 weeks to the game, so there's time for sign ups!

Erza Scarlet

following the mantle
Jun 9, 2011
Requiem
bump

Is there interest in this? I hope there is because I really want to have this league get off the ground because it's different from all the other ones on the board right now. We still have 2 weeks to the game, so there's time for sign ups!

Most guys kind of like to know what they have. Also, personally I fear that I will get bad luck with the players I can get.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Will prospects be randomized too?
Are all games going to be simmed or will there be some actual play too?

Will take the Leafs :)

GT: m2girls1kopitar

zatornator11

May 21, 2005
Will prospects be randomized too?
Are all games going to be simmed or will there be some actual play too?

Will take the Leafs :)

GT: m2girls1kopitar

I would think the prospects would be too, but I'm not 100% sure. I will try to find out. We will play some games for sure! I will be simming some games as well.

zatornator11

May 21, 2005
Most guys kind of like to know what they have. Also, personally I fear that I will get bad luck with the players I can get.

That's part of the fun, not knowing Erza! Then you get the challenge of fixing the roster you get! But to each his own.

Erza Scarlet

following the mantle
Jun 9, 2011
Requiem
That's part of the fun, not knowing Erza! Then you get the challenge of fixing the roster you get! But to each his own.

I usually don't like overpaying in trades which most trades do. There's always a winner and loser in trades, right Spezza19. Besides I'm in 3 leagues now. Don't want to quit on anyone by signing up in too many.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
This is my third league too! Will be fun, they're all different. And yes Erza definitely a winner a loser in most trades but sometimes they can be dead even ya know ;)

zatornator11

May 21, 2005
bump

I want to keep this thread near the top of the board so that we can keep filling this league!

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
If you have trouble finding people, I'd be willing to join. I'm in two other leagues right now, so, wait and see whether you get enough people!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad