Zarley Zalapski dead at 49

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Zholtok died. Zalapski died. Zednik almost died. Zubrus should be very careful.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Saw a Flames Zalapski jersey a few years ago and was in awe. Best hockey name ever. Sad to hear he's gone so young.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I was lucky enough to play about ten pick up games with him when I was about 14 years old and you could see the difference between him and everyone else. Even in pick up games and practice he blew our doors off. I always was amused that we were born in the same birthing ward in Leduc(he was 2 years older them me)

Reactions: SB84 and Sandisfan

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
zarley-zalapski_1340px.jpg

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Aw man! That's so sad to hear. Was one of my favorites growing up solely for that incredible name. Wish I could have gotten a chance to enjoy his play more than I did.

RIP ZZ

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
That’s so sad. I really am wondering “how” though

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I just realized he is the second player to die this year that was involved in the 1991-Mar-04 Pittsburgh Penguins Jeff Parker, John Cullen and Zarley Zalapski to Hartford Whalers for Ron Francis, Grant Jennings and Ulf Samuelsson

Parker died earlier this year

Parker only played four games with the Whalers following that trade before suffering a career-ending head injury. In the years that followed, he was plagued by many complications that we now know as the side effects of post-concussion syndrome. At the time of his death, he was one of the 150 former players suing the league for putting profits ahead of the health of its players.

Reactions: Human

Former Referee 68

Aug 18, 2016
Canada
I was lucky enough to play about ten pick up games with him when I was about 14 years old and you could see the difference between him and everyone else. Even in pick up games and practice he blew our doors off. I always was amused that we were born in the same birthing ward in Leduc(he was 2 years older them me)

Played with ZZ and Dixon in Leduc Minor hockey obviously, ZZ and Dixon Ward from the same Graduating class... ( '86 ) was a great year in Leduc. RIP ZZ

Reactions: DaveG

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Played with ZZ and Dixon in Leduc Minor hockey obviously, ZZ and Dixon Ward from the same Graduating class... ( '86 ) was a great year in Leduc. RIP ZZ
Grew up in Leduc too. Grad '86 !! First met Zarley in elementary school. Good guy. Remember high school and him going off to the Olympic program. Always felt pride for my hometown with his NHL success. Much too young !! He'll be missed. Condolences to his family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad