Confirmed with Link: Zadorov to VAN for a 2024 5th and 2026 3rd

ShootthePUCK420

Nov 30, 2023
I'm predicting a Zadorov goal Saturday. Canucks been on a slump, I hope he doesn't help them get out of it.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm predicting a Zadorov goal Saturday. Canucks been on a slump, I hope he doesn't help them get out of it.

Aim higher if you hope he gets a goal. See if he goes for a Gordie Howe hattrick. Good guys still win. ;)

He will be a catalyst for a good solid kumbaya session with the gloves off and fists in full motion. Both teams will exercise their demons from that point on!

*wishful thinking*

Reactions: ShootthePUCK420

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Flames/Canucks trade history:

-March 6, 1988:
To the Flames: F Craig Coxe
To the Canucks: F Peter Bakovic, F Brian Bradley, D Kevan Guy

-September 6, 1988:
To the Flames: F Steve Bozek, 1989 3rd round pick (Veli-Pekka Kautonen)
To the Canucks: D Paul Reinhart

-March 5, 1991
To the Flames: F Ronnie Stern, D Kevan Guy
To the Canucks: D Dana Murzyn

-March 2, 2015:
To the Flames: 2015 2nd round pick (Rasmus Andersson)
To the Canucks: Sven Baertschi

-February 22, 2016:
To the Flames: Hunter Shinkaruk
To the Canucks: Markus Granlund

-November 30th, 2023
To the Flames: 2026 3rd round pick, 2024 5th round pick
To the Canucks: Nikita Zadorov

I have no idea why I typed all this out….I’m bored at work

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Cap space is extremely valuable, this is true. However, are we actually in a position to weaponize that cap space? I remain unconvinced of that.

When we trade Lindholm, Tanev and Hanifin we can now take back salary to improve the return rather than just retain. Lindholm and Hanifin basiically at $5mil, Tanev at $4.5 mil.

Like I said, the entire league is at or over the cap minus 4 teams, we can't just trade guys for picks, no one can take the cap hits without retention. This affords us the opportunity to get better picks/better return because we can now take a contract back.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Flames/Canucks

-September 6, 1988:
To the Flames: F Steve Bozek, 1989 3rd round pick (Veli-Pekka Kautonen)
To the Canucks: D Paul Reinhart

-March 5, 1991
To the Flames: F Ronnie Stern, D Kevan Guy
To the Canucks: D Dana Murzyn

-November 30th, 2023
To the Flames: 2026 3rd round pick, 2024 5th round pick
To the Canucks: Nikita Zadorov
As a Nuck fan, loved the Reinhart trade...man was he fun to watch controlling the blue line.

Really curious to see how Z responds to the trade. He could focus, stick to his more simple game or go full on double chaos giraffe mode...and...well, you know

Last edited:

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I do like Pat Steinberg BUT his recent podcast related to Zadorov's trade and his infantile defence of Conroy that he expressed whilst being challenged by the callers??? Get the f*** out of here! Toffoli trade- horse shit, Zadorov trade- horse shit. Just get real, those fat GM cats have been manipulating you, squared you in the corner till you shut your pants Craig. Enough of this defending with no legs by the media, the 2 trades Conroy has done are simply poor- 3/10 if you like. Absolute garbage and it has been a few days till I allowed to adjust my mind with this nonsense but I can't. Make me your advisor Conny, I have a ridiculous fantasy record, just give me a chance to show you how you make these top end trades to be on the winning side. You have lost them both and your biggest issue is- you are too emotionally distracted and you can't manage the time. Howgh!

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Treliving’s trades and signings always looked great at first but some turned to shit later

Conroy’s trades looked like shit at first, but turned out ????

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
That's fair actually. We don't know how it will all pan out. I do get the frustration. Z's agent screwed the situation.. I think it was a priority to say the "right thing" (about it being on our schedule when he's moved) but that locker room couldn't have been happy about Z..

So I'm giving Conroy a bit of a pass here. Hoping it will be good. Posters have said we looked fine on D last game without the Z man. I hope that continues and that Solo sticks full time for us!

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I do like Pat Steinberg BUT his recent podcast related to Zadorov's trade and his infantile defence of Conroy that he expressed whilst being challenged by the callers??? Get the f*** out of here! Toffoli trade- horse shit, Zadorov trade- horse shit. Just get real, those fat GM cats have been manipulating you, squared you in the corner till you shut your pants Craig. Enough of this defending with no legs by the media, the 2 trades Conroy has done are simply poor- 3/10 if you like. Absolute garbage and it has been a few days till I allowed to adjust my mind with this nonsense but I can't. Make me your advisor Conny, I have a ridiculous fantasy record, just give me a chance to show you how you make these top end trades to be on the winning side. You have lost them both and your biggest issue is- you are too emotionally distracted and you can't manage the time. Howgh!
chill bro

Flames don't need to win trades, they need to add young assets while becoming worse on the ice so that we actually get a few top 3 picks and add our own Pettersson/Hughes or MacKinnon/Makar type top tier studs while our elite amateur scouting continues to fill rosters out through the rest of the draft with excellent NHLers like Zary, Eatbread and Kylington.

It'd be nice to get more value for guys but it's more about opening up spots for guys like Pellettier, Coronato, Poirier, etc. We should even be looking to move good soldiers like Coleman etc

Reactions: TheHudlinator

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
chill bro

Flames don't need to win trades, they need to add young assets while becoming worse on the ice so that we actually get a few top 3 picks and add our own Pettersson/Hughes or MacKinnon/Makar type top tier studs while our elite amateur scouting continues to fill rosters out through the rest of the draft with excellent NHLers like Zary, Eatbread and Kylington.

It'd be nice to get more value for guys but it's more about opening up spots for guys like Pellettier, Coronato, Poirier, etc. We should even be looking to move good soldiers like Coleman etc
You can do your suggested moves in a more astute way- don't be a fool.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Mangiapane hasn't been excellent. That's odd to say. Unless it's facetious.
it's not. OKG has.... let's say odd takes. He claimed Nakladal was a top 4 defenseman, claimed Bennett was better than Monahan, claimed Monahan only scored "winger goals"... he even claimed Gaudreau was better than McDavid on the main boards

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
it's not. OKG has.... let's say odd takes. He claimed Nakladal was a top 4 defenseman, claimed Bennett was better than Monahan, claimed Monahan only scored "winger goals"... he even claimed Gaudreau was better than McDavid on the main boards
Ahh.. I see. Okay. That's cleared up hehe.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I have to say that I'm disappointed in the returns for Zadorov and Toffoli but I understand why we got what we did. Like most people who are selling something of value you always want more than what you will usually get. I've watched enough Pawn Stars to understand this.
However, in the end I don't suppose late 1st or 2nd round or 3rd's or anything later will really be the answer to the Flames scoring problems and transform this team from a mediocre one to a legit contender. Multiple years of top 5 draft picks will. We aren't getting those from any trades involving any of our pending UFAs or any other Flames player for that matter. Lets face it... to get good we have to suck bad. Let the hard core sucking begin!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Don't get the hate.
He is one of our most well-rounded players. Above average defensively, offensively, despite being miscast as a RW.

If we had a better C/RW playmaker who could properly set him up (Zary maybe later down the line), he’d be racking up more points. Never understood how people could be disappointed with him, we should have locked him up for 6 years but that’s Brad Treliving RFA signings for you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad