Zadorov to get a game soon

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
It will be one of any waiver exempt player - Larsson, Flynn, Girgs...and don't expect the move to make much sense after that, lol.

At this point, I don't see any of those 3 going back, they all have been playing well. I think it is more realistic they would waive Porter or McCormick.

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012

I used to be a pretty big supporter of his but he hasn't been good at all lately. Where he is on the last year of his contract and I highly doubt we think about bringing him back, I can see him being waived in favor of the younger guys.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
I used to be a pretty big supporter of his but he hasn't been good at all lately. Where he is on the last year of his contract and I highly doubt we think about bringing him back, I can see him being waived in favor of the younger guys.

No you misunderstand... I would gladly see Porter glued to the 4th line or waived in favor of the young kids.

It just seems that RonRol values Porter a lot more than us as fans do. That's why Porter's not getting waived. Thats the jest I was trying to make.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
They arent going to waive a player just to give Zadorov a game or two.

If McCormick is hurt they could IR him for 7 days and then give Zadorov some games. Them move McBain to RW to cover a 4th line forward spot.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
They arent going to waive a player just to give Zadorov a game or two.

If McCormick is hurt they could IR him for 7 days and then give Zadorov some games. Them move McBain to RW to cover a 4th line forward spot.

They're not going to move a defenseman to wing either.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
Watch Risto be the scratch to put Zadorov in.

Winner, winner!

Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 3m

Zadorov will play his first NHL game. Girgensons in for injured McCormick. Ristolainen out. McBain likely in for 6. Must make roster move.

Such a horrible coaching decision. Kid has been very solid for a rookie, and been one of our more physical players. If we were a contender this would be understandable. As the 2nd youngest team in a full rebuild (even if some want to call it a retool), they should be developing the new young core.

- Sit them once to correct glaring issues (not the case with RR)
- Sit them in favor of experienced vets to make a playoff run (not the case with Sabres)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Winner, winner!

Such a horrible coaching decision. Kid has been very solid for a rookie, and been one of our more physical players. If we were a contender this would be understandable. As the 2nd youngest team in a full rebuild (even if some want to call it a retool), they should be developing the new young core.

- Sit them once to correct glaring issues (not the case with RR)
- Sit them in favor of experienced vets to make a playoff run (not the case with Sabres)

The rotation of Grigorenko and Ristolainen seems to almost be by design.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Aside from the hit, Risto had a bad game, though I see the potential...the kid has a great break out pass. Weber & him were terribad. I'm not hating on the decision.

edit: Is Weber out, too?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He may have meant carry 7 defenders and just have mcbain take up the 4th line rw spot, not sure though

That is what I meant..... They dress 7 Dmen and occasionally run McBain on the 4 th line. They only play the 4th about 7 minutes. Then use McBain as a PP point man and then give him a few shifts as a Dmen during ES

The times when the coach needs to Zadorov more thus skip a shft, have McBain replace him.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
They would just send down one of the waiver exempt players down for a couple days. It won't be Risto.

They have to make a move today. With Kaleta suspended and Mccormick hurt and demoting a forward, that leaves them with 11 forwards. I don't think they're doing that.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
‏@SabresPR

#Sabres roster moves: Defenseman Nikita Zadorov has been added to playing roster. Rasmus Ristolainen has been assigned to Rochester.

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
what I hope is happening, Risto in AHL until he proves dominent

What is probably happening, Risto in AHL until Zadorov 's 9 game tryout is over and he is sent to juniors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad