Zadorov to get a game soon

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
So we're finally putting Risto in the AHL where he belongs....and we replace him with someone who should be tearing up juniors.

Super.

its just for a couple games, I think he played well enough in pre-season to be rewarded with a few NHL games before being sent back to juniors

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Probably just a procedural move like you're intimating.

I'm not so sure.

McBain's shown worthy of being in the lineup most nights.

Going with a top 6 of:

Ehrhoff/Pysyk
Myers/Tallinder
McBain/Weber

with Sulzer as the 7th?

This way, Risto stays in the AHL and gets top minutes to really develop his game........PLUS we wouldn't burn a year of his ELC.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
its just for a couple games, I think he played well enough in pre-season to be rewarded with a few NHL games before being sent back to juniors
He's freaking 18. He should have been getting acclimated with new teammates in London while he was recovering and getting ready to play big time minutes down there. "Getting a few games" only acknowledges that he's not ready for this league and so he should be developing elsewhere.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He's freaking 18. He should have been getting acclimated with new teammates in London while he was recovering and getting ready to play big time minutes down there. "Getting a few games" only acknowledges that he's not ready for this league and so he should be developing elsewhere.

Why would you send an injured player down to a CHL team when you can have him work with the NHL team and be around pro's? Makes no sense...

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Why would you send an injured player down to a CHL team when you can have him work with the NHL team and be around pro's? Makes no sense...
What doesn't make sense is keeping him away from the team and coaches he's going to be spending the year with. He can still pick up on system changes and meet his new teammates while he's banged up. And now that he's healthy, he should be in London's lineup tonight to face Windsor.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
What doesn't make sense is keeping him away from the team and coaches he's going to be spending the year with. He can still pick up on system changes and meet his new teammates while he's banged up. And now that he's healthy, he should be in London's lineup tonight to face Windsor.

That's your opinion, I disagree.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I'm not so sure.

McBain's shown worthy of being in the lineup most nights.

Going with a top 6 of:

Ehrhoff/Pysyk
Myers/Tallinder
McBain/Weber

with Sulzer as the 7th?

This way, Risto stays in the AHL and gets top minutes to really develop his game........PLUS we wouldn't burn a year of his ELC.

I agree. That's not to say that Risto wouldn't be a call up later in the season if needed. But right now, RR seems comfortable with the other 7.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Hmmm. I did not think you could send an injured player down until he was ready to play.....

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

w0izjs.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad