News Article: Zadorov requests trade

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Hence my take that his agent's tweet was part of his plan to turn up the heat on Conroy to get Zad signed to term.

I don't have a problem re-signing Zad to a 5 x 5, if that is what he is looking for. No NMC though

I don't have a problem with him playing second pair.

Yes he doe have lapses in judgment now and again, but so does Weegar, Andersson, and Hanifin.

Going forward Hanifin may be too expensive and will have to go.

Signing Zad will give us D Corp stability and leadership.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hence my take that his agent's tweet was part of his plan to turn up the heat on Conroy to get Zad signed to term.

I don't have a problem re-signing Zad to a 5 x 5, if that is what he is looking for. No NMC though

I don't have a problem with him playing second pair.

Yes he doe have lapses in judgment now and again, but so does Weegar, Andersson, and Hanifin.

Going forward Hanifin may be too expensive and will have to go.

Signing Zad will give us D Corp stability and leadership.
How is Zadorov going to sign when the team has not and is not planning to sign him

If there is a 5x5 contract on the table, he would have signed that long time ago

Nobody is going to pay that much for a bottom pairing dman. No matter how good his agent say he is

Reactions: trilobyte

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
How is Zadorov going to sign when the team has not and is not planning to sign him
You don't know that. Nobody knows that except for maybe Conroy nd Zadorov's agent.
If there is a 5x5 contract on the table, he would have signed that long time ago
Again. You do not know that.
Nobody is going to pay that much for a bottom pairing dman. No matter how good his agent say he is
He is more than a bottom pairing guy I believe, and so does Zadorov. We will see if other teams also feel this way.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You don't know that. Nobody knows that except for maybe Conroy nd Zadorov's agent.

Again. You do not know that.

He is more than a bottom pairing guy I believe, and so does Zadorov. We will see if other teams also feel this way.
Zadorov can believe whatever he wants but he has been a bottom pairing dman his whole time here and I doubt he would be more that on real contender. It’s not like the Flames are full of defensive dynamo.

The last 2 times he was a FA, nobody wanted to give him the money for longer term. He hasn’t done anything to change that perception drastically. His agent is trying to trick Conroy into a long term contract and apparently Craig is smarter than that.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Canucks fan coming in peace. There has been rumors of Vancouver offering Hoglander for Zadorov. Or maybe Podkolzin. Canucks fans are hesitant about these offers. But its something this management would do.

I would want to throw in Myers. Hes only got this year left

Thoughts ?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Canucks fan coming in peace. There has been rumors of Vancouver offering Hoglander for Zadorov. Or maybe Podkolzin. Canucks fans are hesitant about these offers. But its something this management would do.

I would want to throw in Myers. Hes only got this year left

Thoughts ?
Dumping Myers will cost you more than a so-so young player.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Dumping Myers will cost you more than a so-so young player.

Hoglander is 8th in games played and 10th in goals in the 2019 draft class. This is after playing just 25 NHL games last year. Coach Tocchet has him in the doghouse again for not being perfect defensively. A lot is going right for the Canucks right now. They probably think he's expendable and will likely regret it later.

A sweetener could be added for Myers but both Myers and Zadorov are expiring.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hoglander is 8th in games played and 10th in goals in the 2019 draft class. This is after playing just 25 NHL games last year. Coach Tocchet has him in the doghouse again for not being perfect defensively. A lot is going right for the Canucks right now. They probably think he's expendable and will likely regret it later.

A sweetener could be added for Myers but both Myers and Zadorov are expiring.
Thats great, but they are still both guys that look uncertain to be NHL players in a couple years. It is what is it, I am not saying anything I haven't already seen on the Canucks board.

That both are expiring is irrelevant. Myers is a cap dump. The Flames aren't obligated to take him for free.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd want Hirose in a Zadorov deal, I think he has a ton of potential.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
If term is the lynchpin of any deal here why wouldn't the Flames give him say 6 years at like 4.75 aav but front load a little with signing money the first two years to get him 6+/- those years and leave him moveable on the last three years by dropping his actual ? Maybe make the first three years NMC protected as well . This gets him a slightly bigger bag overall but leaves some flexibility for the Flames .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad