News Article: Zadorov requests trade

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
That quote unquote insider posted this a couple of days ago

This might just be Zadorov and his agent forcing a resolution through the media. In other words, throwing a shot across the bow at Conroy to either start negotiating or starting looking at at trade.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
His minutes have been cut 3 games in a row to under 16minutes tonight
1699678949731.png

Based on the On Ice metrics he's been 1st, 3rd, and 4th in 5v5 xGF%
Seems like this has a lot to do with being frustrated that he's getting the DeSimone rookie minutes while playing above a second pair Dman

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Well when he sees Hanifin get offered a giant contract and all the ice time in the world who can blame him? Has Noah ever even knocked an opponent down with a bodycheck in a Flames uniform?

Zad is the only UFA we have worth keeping. 5x5 just get it done.
Great way to have plenty of regrets.

Connie is making the right move. Gms can get tempted by the package, but push comes to shove he’s a #5.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
If Zadorov was willing to sign a 4x4 give or take type of deal, I strongly suspect that Conroy and the Flames would have gotten it done.

But 5-6M on a 5 or 6 year deal? Yeah no, I think the Flames already have enough cap anchors.

Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Great way to have plenty of regrets.

Connie is making the right move. Gms can get tempted by the package, but push comes to shove he’s a #5.

Zadorov was tied for 2nd in the league in even strength goals among dmen last season. Top 20 in hits over the last 3 years despite averaging less than 19 minutes. Stands up for his teammates, skates well, only 28 years old.

He's exactly the right kind of dman to keep around for a rebuild/retool/ref***ulate or whatever you want to call the Flames next couple years. Not having a vet like him around is exactly how you wind up with a butter soft blueline that gets owned in the corners. Or you can keep trying random bullshit every year on short term deals like the Oilers have.

Last edited:

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Zadorov doesn't exactly move the needle for me, but I will miss his personality. Dude was straight up and told it like it is. Would be great to keep him around for a rebuild/retool but probably not worth it for the price/term he wants.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Zadorov was tied for 2nd in the league in even strength goals among dmen last season. Top 20 in hits over the last 3 years despite averaging less than 19 minutes. Stands up for his teammates, skates well, only 28 years old.

He's exactly the right kind of dman to keep around for a rebuild/retool/ref***ulate or whatever you want to call the Flames next couple years. Not having a vet like him around is exactly how you wind up with a butter soft blueline that gets owned in the corners. Or you can keep trying random bullshit every year on short term deals like the Oilers have.
We’ve had tough guys in the lineup over the years such as lucic, Brouwer, who were overpaid and in the end didn’t move the needle. “Get owned in the corners”, well he plays 17-18 mins a night. Doesn’t change the other 42 anyhow lol. Paying 5m for a sheltered dman on the back of toughness is a mistake.

Zadorov also shot at 11% last season. His career average is 5.9. Again, the team would be buying high on unsustainable offensive production.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It's honestly for the best. I say that with no ill will towards Zadorov but moving Zadorov, Hanifin, Tanev, Vladar, Lindholm would be a massive help to fixing this roster long term. Especially with the number of teams looking for help on D

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
We’ve had tough guys in the lineup over the years such as lucic, Brouwer, who were overpaid and in the end didn’t move the needle. “Get owned in the corners”, well he plays 17-18 mins a night. Doesn’t change the other 42 anyhow lol. Paying 5m for a sheltered dman on the back of toughness is a mistake.

Zadorov also shot at 11% last season. His career average is 5.9. Again, the team would be buying high on unsustainable offensive production.

The Flames have Weegar and Andersson for defenseman signed past this season. That's it. I maybe would have felt different if Kylington was here but he's not, and I'm beginning to doubt if he ever will be again.

This isn't going to be a tear it down to the wood rebuild. Not with the money the team has committed long term. I'd rather pay Zadorov medium money than some other UFA clown because you know that's what is going to happen. Flames do not have the depth prospect wise to just backfill those positions.

Any way you slice it they're going to be signing a UFA D in the offseason and probably two. Why not go with a guy you're familiar with.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The Flames have Weegar and Andersson signed past this season. That's it. I maybe would have felt different if Kylington was here but he's not, and I'm beginning to doubt if he ever will again.

This isn't going to be a tear it down to the wood rebuild. Not with the money the team has committed long term. I'd rather pay Zadorov medium money than some other UFA clown because you know that's what is going to happen. Flames do not have the depth prospect wise to just backfill those positions.

Any way you slice is they're going to be signing a UFA D in the offseason and probably two. Why not go with a guy you're familiar with.

Eh this way we can get picks and prospects to help rebuild the pipeline as we graduate guys like Zary, Wolf, Pelletier over the next year. Zad is a nice guy to have but getting the assets back is massive for this team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad