Weekes: Zadorov requested a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
The unsubstantiated rumors floating around suggest he's asking for 5 or 6 years at 5M+ per.

That being said, it fits in with the Flames' reaction to this whole thing - Zadorov says he wants to stay, his agent initiates contract talks only to be met with radio silence from Conroy. One would think that the Flames, perhaps more than most other organizations, would be dying to sign a 28 yo 6'6" truculent defenseman longterm. So the fact that they haven't, that Zadorov said that he wants to stay but "it's just business" strongly supports the idea that his contract demands are absurd for a #4/#5 defenseman.

But I don't think a lot of teams will care. That's an off season problem, they want him for this season.
yeah I like Zadorov a lot but if he wants 5+mil AAV he's gonna have to take his game to a whole new level after he gets traded, cause he's never shown that he's worth that much.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I have a feeling he's going to end up traded to the Leafs relatively soon because Klingberg looks like he's heading to LTIR, Lilly is hurt, and Timmins is injured, although Timmins appears to be very close to returning.

But even when healthy Timmins wasn't in the lineup every night but Lilly and Klingberg were supposed to be.

There are some holes on the defense created by injury, to many to be filled by call ups.

Said it before, wouldn't be surprised if Timmins is a part of a Zadorov trade, or at least traded in general because Timmins is a Dubas guy.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have a feeling he's going to end up traded to the Leafs relatively soon because Klingberg looks like he's heading to LTIR, Lilly is hurt, and Timmins is injured, although Timmins appears to be very close to returning.

But even when healthy Timmins wasn't in the lineup every night but Lilly and Klingberg were supposed to be.

There are some holes on the defense created by injury, to many to be filled by call ups.

Said it before, wouldn't be surprised if Timmins is a part of a Zadorov trade, or at least traded in general because Timmins is a Dubas guy.
The more I think about, the less I think we'll see a Flames/Leafs trade.

Neither Connie nor Tre is going to want to lose a trade to the other, at least this soon, so I think as long as other offers are comparable, the Leafs are out of luck.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The more I think about, the less I think we'll see a Flames/Leafs trade.

Neither Connie nor Tre is going to want to lose a trade to the other, at least this soon, so I think as long as other offers are comparable, the Leafs are out of luck.

The thing is Vancouver appears to be the main competition and by all accounts Calgary doesn't want to deal with Vancouver because they are division rivals.

Also I'm not sure if losing a trade to Treliving matters.

Reason being It's likely a rental trade, which means It's likely a futures trade, which means you won't know who won the trade for awhile.

Calgary might win that trade but they aren't winning it today.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The thing is Vancouver appears to be the main competition and by all accounts Calgary doesn't want to deal with Vancouver because they are division rivals.

Also I'm not sure if losing a trade to Treliving matters.

Reason being It's likely a rental trade, which means It's likely a futures trade, which means you won't know who won the trade for awhile.

Calgary might win that trade but they aren't winning it today.
We only hear Vancouver so much because they're Canadian and their media is pushing it. I think Dallas is probably the most likely destination

Reactions: Kegs

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
A player requesting a trade doesn’t have any leverage when the team he’s playing for isn’t competitive. If he wants to mail it in or sit out, the Flames would be fine with that. They’ll be in no rush to deal him.
Ok

So you're logic is the flames aren't playing well so they should have their assets for whatever they can get? That may be how the Canucks have functioned in the past, but most teams are careful with asset management and try to take contracts that will benefit the team somehow.

The Flames have twelve forwards with more points that Garland and that doesn't include Pospisol who has 2 points in three games. They aren't bumping like Ruzicka to make room for unneeded depth vets from Vancouver. Like I said no room.

Zadorov is in high demand and has an expiring contract. The Flames don't need to move him. Get in line with the other bidders and come up with a better offer.
Sure thing pal 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BB6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad