Zadorov potential headshot on Barabonov? Suspension incoming?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
East West hits are high risk but Zadorov's skates are on the ice, elbow is actually tucked at contact, and he makes a lot of solid contact to the body, which makes head contact legal.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
A 6'6 player hitting a 5'10 player from that angle is never going to look great. I think it was legal.

He doesn't explode upwards, but he kind of lunges up a bit instead of crouching to catch the shoulder of a much smaller player.

I can see this going either way.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
A beautiful hit that should never be suspended. Tall player being punished for being tall

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Some people are not happy unless you make hockey a contactless sports

but yeah do the Flames a big favor and suspend him. Sutter has a fetish on big guys.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
He doesn't explode upwards, but he kind of lunges up a bit instead of crouching to catch the shoulder of a much smaller player.

I can see this going either way.

He doesn't lunge upwards. He steps into the hit. This was a perfectly legal hit. No call on the play. I guarantee that no suspension is coming.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
A beautiful hit that should never be suspended. Tall player being punished for being tall
Your right players over 6'4 should be given a license to headshot at will...after all they cant control how tall they are.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Your right players over 6'4 should be given a license to headshot at will...after all they cant control how tall they are.
If you think this is a “targeted the head” type hit then you’re watching the wrong sport.

This wasn’t a penalty and won’t be a suspension. Ridiculous to think it should be

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
i dont really have an issue with it but it is a hit they are trying to remove by their own definitions

in todays NHL, 2 min

in reality, nothing

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I don't give a shit about the non-suspension and I thought the hit was fine, but it's pretty clear certain teams wouldn't have gotten away with a similar hit. Selective enforcement strikes again.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
+1 for Parros never ever looking at the disciplinary action for hits on Sharks players. Pronger was the same. Pronger also said he hates SJ and that we're a bunch of n3rds...(he aint wrong I guess)

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
yet Blues fans still to this day think Joe Thornton tried to literally murder David Perron.
He literally stood still and Perron skated head first into Thornton’s shoulder while Perron was staring at the puck.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
having grown with the original 21 and being one of the toughest defender of old school hockey, I have to condone this hit... lift the elbow right in the face of the shark,s guy

this doesnt have its place anymore

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I always ask, If this were Tom Wilson, what would you say? I dont like the chicken wing movement with his contact arm. Makes you wonder on intent. Does he have a history?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Like the DoPS gives a single shit about anything that happens West of Chicago.

East West hits are high risk but Zadorov's skates are on the ice, elbow is actually tucked at contact, and he makes a lot of solid contact to the body, which makes head contact legal.

Pretty much. Legal hit unlike Reaves on Mangiapane where he comes East West across Mang's chin and doesn't make contact through the body.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Should they penalise and suspend this hit? If they cared about the health of players, they would. If they base it one precedent, then it's probably just a penalty.

I don't like some of the comments here that seem to suggest that a taller player hitting a player in the head is seemingly fine. The responsibility to hit legally should always been on the person throwing the hit. If you're tall, well you need to get lower to throw the hit.

Zadorov had the opportunity to hit through the body, instead he skates and clips Barabanov. Look at their comparative skate positions leading up to and at the point of contact, Zadorov is not going through the body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad