Zadorov Is A Star!

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
It's the olympic times and its been a bitter season but hey why not keep an eye on our prospects. Out of last years incredible draft by us. I have to say that Zadorov was by far our best player. This kid is playing better than Ristolanin! He is tearing up the OHL! Just tearing it up right now. I have gone to majority of the games since he has been returned and the kid is an absolute beast on the point. He might be the best defender in the entire CHL.

He plays like Chara on the point! His shot is a rocket! Just a rocket he can shoot it, and shoot it hard. Tonight he had a clear lane and bombed it. He also scored another as well. 2 goals tonight for Zadorov in a 9-5 win!

He can skate end to end, defensively responsible, showing great on ice vision right now, hands, persistence, physicality and displaying his natural skill.

The other teams just hate to play against him. In the last few games players have backed away from his slapshot and luckily a few pucks have missed the net. When he hits someone, It hurts! He has made some big thunderous checks in the last few games aswell and he could of badly hurt the players. He is that strong!

No worrying Sabres fans! As a Knights fan and part time Sabres fan I can tell you Zadorov will be ready for the show probably as early as next season. He could of stayed I am sure but not in the mess we are in now. Playing in London this season was huge for his Development. He has come a long way in a very short period of time.

He is one of the players who i have never seen develop so fast. He goes from 6 goals and 19 assists as a 17 year old to merely staying on the NHL Roster, now he is back and he dominated the World Juniors and now ripping apart the OHL in scoring and helping the London Knights compete for their 3rd straight Championship and Memorial Cup for a 3rd straight year.

Some people will believe he will need another year in juniors but i'm not counting on it. Just look at Oli Maatta! 19 years old and is already playing in the top 4 for the Pens! I believe Zadorov cracks your roster next season to go along with the pick this year and who knows maybe Risto is ready too but I would give him more time!

Light is at the end of the tunnel Sabres Fans. Zadorov is a game changer! What the Hunters have done to him is just simply Magnificent!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Not to derail the thread but how has Brady Austin been? Didn't look like he would be worthy of a contract last year but the one time I've watched him since being traded he looks like a guy who could carve out an AHL career.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I think he's better than Risto, I've always been more impressed by him. He's a quicker skater, just as physical and I think his offensive upside is much higher.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Moskau I don't mind and honestly Austin has really turned a corner in the OHL but he is an overager so that probably helps out a bit.

Austin I doubt will make the NHL but he is looking solid this season! He really is! Brady is showing his potential of a 2 way defenseman this season and has made most of his opportunities playing with the Knights and a guaranteed buy into the Memorial Cup!

He has been huge in the shut down role this year and has been heavily relied upon in that role. He and Zadorov has played alot together on the PK and have really dazzled in that role together. They have also played on the powerplay and don't normally play together. Brady's normal partner is probably the best defensive defenseman in the OHL in Zach Bell who is his partner and also on the Knights. Bell lead almost every defensive category in the OHL last season. So good for Brady!

Austin has brought his offensive level to a new level this season, he is shooting the puck alot more now than he has in previous seasons and it has benefited him greatly, he has also started some great scoring plays on the powerplay.

His skating and pace is remarkable, He always seems to be in the right spot when their is a scoring chance.

Austin has also taken a huge defensive role for Knights this year and has taken a huge leadership role on this team and already wears an A. Austin is loved in the changeroom, by the coaches, teammates and is a class act in the community and has done alot of great things on the side for the Knights as well.

He might have an outside chance of cracking the NHL someday, I mean anything can happen in sports and i'm not going to rule anything out. He will be great depth for the Americans next season though forsure

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I think he's better than Risto, I've always been more impressed by him. He's a quicker skater, just as physical and I think his offensive upside is much higher.

Agree 100% But I am still happy we drafted Risto, can't go wrong with his upside and a golden goal in the WJHC!

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

I think they are very close. I feel like Risto's comparable is Shea Weber and Zads is Chara. If they reach there upsides we will have one of the scariest blue lines in NHL history. So excited for these two players and there continued development. I think they are far and above our best two prospects with a significant drop off after these guys.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I think they are very close. I feel like Risto's comparable is Shea Weber and Zads is Chara. If they reach there upsides we will have one of the scariest blue lines in NHL history. So excited for these two players and there continued development. I think they are far and above our best two prospects with a significant drop off after these guys.

Just imagine if we get Eckblad too! Then you have one of the greatest EVER!

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Agree 100% But I am still happy we drafted Risto, can't go wrong with his upside and a golden goal in the WJHC!

Yep, these two players were the players I wanted at the draft and we got them, so I was very pleased. I wanted Girgs the year before as well.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Yep, these two players were the players I wanted at the draft and we got them, so I was very pleased. I wanted Girgs the year before as well.

I wanted Grigs and Girgs and got both. I went to that draft in Pittsburgh with 3 of my friends. It was an amazing experience. Girgs and his family came up to us before the draft started and wanted to know where to go to eat. Since I had family that lived in Pittsburgh I knew exactly where to tell him to go. I knew who he was but thought the Sabres didn't have a chance at him because of our later pick so I didn't get a picture with him. :cry:

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Management is actually delivering some great draft results. I am not expecting a 3 year rebuild. Look at the Avs. Maybe we have a quick turnaround as well!

We will see

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Moskau I don't mind and honestly Austin has really turned a corner in the OHL but he is an overager so that probably helps out a bit.

Austin I doubt will make the NHL but he is looking solid this season! He really is! Brady is showing his potential of a 2 way defenseman this season and has made most of his opportunities playing with the Knights and a guaranteed buy into the Memorial Cup!

He has been huge in the shut down role this year and has been heavily relied upon in that role. He and Zadorov has played alot together on the PK and have really dazzled in that role together. They have also played on the powerplay and don't normally play together. Brady's normal partner is probably the best defensive defenseman in the OHL in Zach Bell who is his partner and also on the Knights. Bell lead almost every defensive category in the OHL last season. So good for Brady!

Austin has brought his offensive level to a new level this season, he is shooting the puck alot more now than he has in previous seasons and it has benefited him greatly, he has also started some great scoring plays on the powerplay.

His skating and pace is remarkable, He always seems to be in the right spot when their is a scoring chance.

Austin has also taken a huge defensive role for Knights this year and has taken a huge leadership role on this team and already wears an A. Austin is loved in the changeroom, by the coaches, teammates and is a class act in the community and has done alot of great things on the side for the Knights as well.

He might have an outside chance of cracking the NHL someday, I mean anything can happen in sports and i'm not going to rule anything out. He will be great depth for the Americans next season though forsure

Good to hear about Austin. I met him once, seems like a great kid with some talent. Never thought he would make it all the way to the nhl, but thought he would make some noise at least.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I wanted Grigs and Girgs and got both. I went to that draft in Pittsburgh with 3 of my friends. It was an amazing experience. Girgs and his family came up to us before the draft started and wanted to know where to go to eat. Since I had family that lived in Pittsburgh I knew exactly where to tell him to go. I knew who he was but thought the Sabres didn't have a chance at him because of our later pick so I didn't get a picture with him. :cry:
Was it a place that serves fries on their sandwiches by chance? Because every time I've been near Pittsburgh Primanti's gets recommended to me for some reason.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
thanks for the good report Jose...Here's hoping he destroys it when he comes here next year :cheers:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I wanted him to stand out when I heard he was going back to the Knights. I wanted him to be noticeable and prominent - and he sounds every bit the part, from numerous sources. I'm thrilled that he has taken such strides in areas of concern. The speed with which he has adjusted and improved simultaneously is remarkable, and I hope the trend continues upwards. He could be special IMO.

Regarding him and Ristolainen, I think they are different defensemen entirely, and while I have Zadorov higher on my personal list, I think they'll both be impact NHLers in different areas.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
thanks for the good report Jose...Here's hoping he destroys it when he comes here next year :cheers:

Curious, why do you think Zadorov will be with the Sabres next season? I think there's just as much chance, perhaps even more, that he marinates one more year before making the leap. And even then it won't be as a full time roster spot. Just for injury and/or slumping D call up. With team going nowhere next year, I would prefer he marinates.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Especially when you add in a resurgent Tyler Myers and a few more potentially very good defenders in Pysyk and McCabe. That could be a hell of a blue line.

ETA: More on topic, I fell in love with Zadorov when I saw his "I love to hit people and score goals" interview. His development this year has been awesome, and I can't wait to see him in a Sabres uniform again.

ZeroPT*

Zadorov reminds me of Kronwall, here's hoping he and Myers can be our twin towers top pairing!

Coles19

May 11, 2011
Management is actually delivering some great draft results. I am not expecting a 3 year rebuild. Look at the Avs. Maybe we have a quick turnaround as well!

We will see

Look at the avs? The avs have not had a quick turn around. They had one decent year out of 5, there's nothing different about their rebuild than any other. Accumulate top 3 picks by being bad multiple years.
28th in 08-09
12th in 09-10
29th in 10-11
20th in 11-12
29th in 12-13

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Especially when you add in a resurgent Tyler Myers and a few more potentially very good defenders in Pysyk and McCabe. That could be a hell of a blue line.

ETA: More on topic, I fell in love with Zadorov when I saw his "I love to hit people and score goals" interview. His development this year has been awesome, and I can't wait to see him in a Sabres uniform again.

You and me both :laugh:

Unfortunately, I think we're gonna have to sacrifice one or two pieces on D to fill the gaping holes in our top 6. Picking the right ones to sacrifice is going to be a big challenge for GMTM but if he makes some good choices, I think it would jump start this rebuild.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Curious, why do you think Zadorov will be with the Sabres next season? I think there's just as much chance, perhaps even more, that he marinates one more year before making the leap. And even then it won't be as a full time roster spot. Just for injury and/or slumping D call up. With team going nowhere next year, I would prefer he marinates.

I absolutely agree. If a teenaged defenseman makes the lineup, I'll bet it's Risto and not Zads, since Risto already has a year of pro hockey under his belt.

I think Zadorov is back to London next year.

ZeroPT*

I absolutely agree. If a teenaged defenseman makes the lineup, I'll bet it's Risto and not Zads, since Risto already has a year of pro hockey under his belt.

I think Zadorov is back to London next year.

he has more than 1 year of pro hockey, he played pro in Finland

Superhero

Jul 9, 2003
Amherst(Buffalo), NY
Visit site
Not to derail the thread but how has Brady Austin been? Didn't look like he would be worthy of a contract last year but the one time I've watched him since being traded he looks like a guy who could carve out an AHL career.

Brahe Ausin is currently +39 on the year. It would be my guess that he will receive an AHL deal this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad