Zadina

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I really wish Zadina were finding success with the Sharks. He was a little cocky coming in, but I love to see a guy who's willing to bet on himself, and it would be cool to see him succeed on that.
He can suck it. He's not a Wing anymore, and I didn't like him even when he was a Wing.

He's got average skills at best, and seriously low IQ, both hockey and overall. Two lucky (low IQ) goals won't change his game. He's now team worst -7 in 7 games, 0 points in last 4 games, and -5 in last 2 games.

SJS is horrible though, 0-6-1 now.

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
He can suck it. He's not a Wing anymore, and I didn't like him even when he was a Wing.

He's got average skills at best, and seriously low IQ, both hockey and overall. Two lucky (low IQ) goals won't change his game. He's now team worst -7 in 7 games, 0 points in last 4 games, and -5 in last 2 games.

SJS is horrible though, 0-6-1 now.
If the guy had any semblance of skill - he’d have every opportunity now in SJ to show it…He has no skill.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If the guy had any semblance of skill - he’d have every opportunity now in SJ to show it…He has no skill.

He's got bottom 6 NHL skill and abilities, but he's got IQ of the average 12 YO, both in hockey and life. Honestly, I might be a bit generous there because the average 12 year old can figure out that if you do something 100 times, and it doesn't work then you should try something else.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He's got bottom 6 NHL skill and abilities, but he's got IQ of the average 12 YO, both in hockey and life. Honestly, I might be a bit generous there because the average 12 year old can figure out that if you do something 100 times, and it doesn't work then you should try something else.

Come on. You don't know him as a person. Don't run his IQ away from hockey down, that is too far.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I don't expect Zadina to ever do much but that entire Sharks team has been beyond awful this year

the whole team has 8 goals in 8 games this year

to put things into perspective his 2 goals means he's scored almost the same percentage of the Sharks goals so far this year as Debrincat has scored of the Wings goals(25% for Zadina vs 25.7% for DeBrincat)

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Come on. You don't know him as a person. Don't run his IQ away from hockey down, that is too far.
His financial decisions wasn't very bright, though it benefited the Wings. Then there are these interviews....

Also, some of his hockey decisions imply a lack of general IQ, like stepping into a defenseman that's considerably faster than him. I hated playing any sport with stupid people like that.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1698572561149.png

AT least he is trending a bit up, but still being pretty bad.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I wonder if Zadina will make a new plusminus NHL record in minuses.

At Detroit it was pretty bad, on a bad era, and now this Sharks is something really really bad we have maybe never seen.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I wonder if Zadina will make a new plusminus NHL record in minuses.

At Detroit it was pretty bad, on a bad era, and now this Sharks is something really really bad we have maybe never seen.

-14 in 11 games.

Has there ever been a team so bad through their first 11?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Would be fitting for the Sharks to set record losses this season and then drop to the 3rd overall pick in the draft lottery.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Playing on THIS Sharks team isn't gonna be great for his confidence will it?
Getting scored on the way they are, I can't imagine a scenario where anyone's confidence is helped. I feel bad for everyone there. I do hope Zadina manages to turn it around with the Sharks though. So far this season, he has two of San Jose's 12 total goals scored this season, so that's a start, right?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Would be fitting for the Sharks to set record losses this season and then drop to the 3rd overall pick in the draft lottery.
I'd rather see the Sharks get Macklin because they would still suck.

Getting scored on the way they are, I can't imagine a scenario where anyone's confidence is helped. I feel bad for everyone there. I do hope Zadina manages to turn it around with the Sharks though. So far this season, he has two of San Jose's 12 total goals scored this season, so that's a start, right?
Zadina is basically their Perlini, failed reclamation of a 1st round bust. Not sure why "confidence" is used so much when talking about Zadina. His issues are lack of skill and hockey IQ. "Confidence" won't fix that, and neither will switching teams. Using that word just means you can't figure out the skill or intelligence deficiencies in a player.

Anyways, Europe next season for Zadina.

Reactions: FMichael

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I'd rather see the Sharks get Macklin because they would still suck.

Zadina is basically their Perlini, failed reclamation of a 1st round bust. Not sure why "confidence" is used so much when talking about Zadina. His issues are lack of skill and hockey IQ. "Confidence" won't fix that, and neither will switching teams. Using that word just means you can't figure out the skill or intelligence deficiencies in a player.

Anyways, Europe next season for Zadina.

"Confidence" is used because, despite lacking in ability, confidence is one place where he isn't lacking. I can see him sticking in the NHL for a couple more years as the Sharks work on a rebuild. Too early to tell whether this reclamation project is "failed" quite yet. He's 11 games in on what might become the worst team in NHL history.

Whether he plays in Europe next year depends on him, but I'd also say it's not an incorrect assessment of his future if he were on any other team. He'd be there now, had the Sharks not picked him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad