Zadina vs Caufield

Filip Zadina or Cole Caufield?

• Total voters

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Filip Zadina (Detroit, drafted #6 OA in 2018)

or

Cole Caufield (Montreal, drafted #15 OA in 2019)

Both project to become goal scoring wingers in the NHL.

Which one do you choose?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Caufield to me and it's not even close, might sound bias but post history will back that i didn't like Zadina pre-draft and was pretty upset when rumors Montreal were going to draft him, post history will also show how much i loved Caufield pre-draft. In no way i thought he would be available.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Both were drafted as elite scorers.

... But after watching the way Calgary and Tampa got pummeled in the playoffs, hard to vote for the one with size concerns.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

... But after watching the way Calgary and Tampa got pummeled in the playoffs, hard to vote for the one with size concerns.
Hard to vote for a guy who could barely win one 1 on 1 board battle in the Q being 200lbs and an overager in his draft class... if there's a physical battle for the puck in the corner, as ironic as it sounds i take Caufield 10 times out of 10 to come out with the puck. it's not a blind comment, i have seen Zadina more than 2hours+ of shift by shift + matches.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hard to vote for a guy who could barely win one 1 on 1 board battle in the Q being 200lbs and an overager in his draft class... if there's a physical battle for the puck in the corner, as ironic as it sounds i take Caufield 10 times out of 10 to come out with the puck. it's not a blind comment, i have seen Zadina more than 2hours+ of shift by shift + matches.

Strength issues can be overcome way more easily than size issues.

You can put on muscle. You can't put on height.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I swear this poll already happened.

I'm a Red Wings fan that has never liked Zadina and really wanted Caufield, so I easily go with Caufield

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Zadina may be better but Detroit probably won't have enough depth to make the playoffs in 2020. Florids will replace the Bruins.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

Kind of funny coming from a Red Wings fan. Does the name Tyler Johnson ring any bells?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
We'll see what Caufield does when he isnt playing with a first overall talent that stayed an extra year in the USHL compared to other first overall talents who leave at that age. No denying he has the talent to end up the winner in this poll but hes got a lot to prove before voting him over a guy who showed he belonged in pro hockey last year. Caufield is going to be a lot longer term I think than most people think but if he hits his high end hes going to be really good. Cant imagine him in the AHL this season like Zadina did last season

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
All those highlight videos of Gaudreau pushing Chara off the puck are great.

One of my favourite memories of a few years back is the series where Chara had more turnovers in a series than all of Montreal players combined. He has a really tough series, completely got outworked by the smaller, quicker guys. I wrongly thought he was washed up and done at that point.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
We'll see what Caufield does when he isnt playing with a first overall talent that stayed an extra year in the USHL compared to other first overall talents who leave at that age. No denying he has the talent to end up the winner in this poll but hes got a lot to prove before voting him over a guy who showed he belonged in pro hockey last year. Caufield is going to be a lot longer term I think than most people think but if he hits his high end hes going to be really good. Cant imagine him in the AHL this season like Zadina did last season
Caufield will always be playing with elite talent. He had Hughes when he was with the NTDP, he has Turcotte at Wisco and he’ll have Kotkaniemi in Montreal. That’s not a concern.

Reactions: HabsMD97

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I need to see Caufield have a full pro season that doesn't involve getting tossed around like a rag doll before I'm going to be able to vote on him.

Get this kid a steak.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Kind of funny coming from a Red Wings fan. Does the name Tyler Johnson ring any bells?
True, Tyler Johnson being successful means there is no potential disadvantage from being short in the NHL.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

Plenty of players with the aforementioned “size concerns” playing elite hockey in the NHL:

Patrick Kane
Johnny Gaudreau
Alex DeBrincat
Brendan Gallagher
Brayden Point

Are all either 5’10” and below.

Hockey today is more about speed, skill, and effort rather than just pure size and strength.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Zadina has kinda a disappointing year, but he wouldnt drop down as low as the 10th-15th best prospect in the draft this year

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Plenty of players with the aforementioned “size concerns” playing elite hockey in the NHL:

Patrick Kane
Johnny Gaudreau
Alex DeBrincat
Brendan Gallagher
Brayden Point

Are all either 5’10” and below.

Hockey today is more about speed, skill, and effort rather than just pure size and strength.

the thing about theses lists is there are probably hundreds and hundreds of skilled guys who didn't make it

Reactions: izlez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad