Zadina vs Caufield

Filip Zadina or Cole Caufield?

• Total voters

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I need to see Caufield have a full pro season that doesn't involve getting tossed around like a rag doll before I'm going to be able to vote on him.

Get this kid a steak.
lmao. what a clueless comment... kid is pretty built for his age, he's got the great bone structure and just looking at his neck and jaw you can he's gonna have a good physique, very similar to Marty St-Louis, but yeah... too bad steaks doesn't make your taller.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
the thing about theses lists is there are probably hundreds and hundreds of skilled guys who didn't make it
Yeah I’m well aware of that but at the same time there’s also hundreds of bigger guys without those size concerns who don’t make it either

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Caufield will always be playing with elite talent. He had Hughes when he was with the NTDP, he has Turcotte at Wisco and he’ll have Kotkaniemi in Montreal. That’s not a concern.

Not sure Kotkaniemi will be as dominant in the NHL as Hughes was in the USHL.. lol

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
lmao. what a clueless comment... kid is pretty built for his age, he's got the great bone structure and just looking at his neck and jaw you can he's gonna have a good physique, very similar to Marty St-Louis, but yeah... too bad steaks doesn't make your taller.

OK, fine. Steak and onions. Get this kid some steak and onions.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
There is not neccesarily a correlation between height and strength, it is insane that people do not realise that they are completely different things. Caufield is a physical beast who is explosive and strong despite his size, it looks like. Size is not close to as important as it used to, and Caufield wins battles against bigger players fairly often. Right know I think Caufield is better physically than Zadina.

Last edited:

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Ironically enough I had them both rated 6th OV in their respective drafts. Think I still take Caufield here

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah I’m well aware of that but at the same time there’s also hundreds of bigger guys without those size concerns who don’t make it either

Ok so then let's refrain from using anecdotal evidence and instead look at the average size of NHL players....

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
If one guy went 6th and the other went 15th I think I'll take the guy that went 6th.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Size and strength takes in this thread are just too funny. Chris Stewart was bigger, tougher, and stronger than vast majority of the NHL, yet he lost almost all board battles he was part off. You can be as strong and as big as an ox, but if you don't use it a fat load of good will it do to you.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Size and strength takes in this thread are just too funny. Chris Stewart was bigger, tougher, and stronger than vast majority of the NHL, yet he lost almost all board battles he was part off. You can be as strong and as big as an ox, but if you don't use it a fat load of good will it do to you.

Galchenyuk is 6'1 210 pounds and gallagher is 5'9 and under 190 pounds. Put those 2 along the boards with a puck and Gallagher walks away with it 10 times out of 10. Size means nothing if you don't know how to use it. From what i've seen out of the 2 players, Zadina is very much in the Galchenyuk mold. Caufield uses his size to his advantage, goes into corners/front of the end and usually skates away with the puck despite his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->