Recalled/Assigned: Zadina and Hirose sent to GR

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Guys, he has 2 secondary assists on the powerplay this season. He is clearly better than Hughes and a franchise cornerstone we need to build around.
Man, I was just about to post a "Will Zadina have a better career than Crosby?" thread on the main board but your sarcasm has convinced me not to!

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Good Luck kid lol... Terminator in the crowd ha

This makes me want to watch the game. I suspect Zadina plays well tonight. I think he is a legit hockey player with fraction of a second slow thinker and good, not great, NHL shot who doesn't have the strength to dig and hold onto pucks.

He's almost there. And I see nice progression out of the 20 year old. But he needs more time and needs a lot more work. I can confidently say, he'll be at the very least, a 3rd line scoring winger.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
  1. Ansar Khan‏Verified account @AnsarKhanMLive 2h2 hours ago
    They tweaked mid-practice, switching the flanks: 1. Bertuzzi, Larkin, Hronek-Athanasiou, Cholowski 2. Nielsen, Filppula, Fabbri-Perlini, Green
  2. Ansar Khan‏Verified account @AnsarKhanMLive 3h3 hours ago
    #RedWings power-play units in practice:
    1. Bertuzzi (net front), Larkin (slot), Fabbri-Perlini (half walls), Cholowski (point). 2. Nielsen (net front), Filppula (slot), Hronek-Athanasiou (half walls), Green (point). Perlini probably holding Zadina's spot, assuming he's back Sat.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
  1. Ansar Khan‏Verified account @AnsarKhanMLive 2h2 hours ago
    They tweaked mid-practice, switching the flanks: 1. Bertuzzi, Larkin, Hronek-Athanasiou, Cholowski 2. Nielsen, Filppula, Fabbri-Perlini, Green
  2. Ansar Khan‏Verified account @AnsarKhanMLive 3h3 hours ago
    #RedWings power-play units in practice:
    1. Bertuzzi (net front), Larkin (slot), Fabbri-Perlini (half walls), Cholowski (point). 2. Nielsen (net front), Filppula (slot), Hronek-Athanasiou (half walls), Green (point). Perlini probably holding Zadina's spot, assuming he's back Sat.

Ugh I can’t watch another PP with Larks playing bumper. Hurts my soul

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Abby possible for Sat. Blash considering Abby @ Center! ... rolls eyes. Nielsen getting a look as net front player. (As if he needed to take more abuse) Blash is reaching for straws. Decision on Zadina returning, after tonight's game.

Notes: Abdelkader nearing return, possibly in new role
He can't do any worse than Nielson. In fact, I'd rather have him play net front, he's got a bigger ass to bank shots off of.

Not sure why Blash keeps putting Larkin in the slot when Fabbri has done so much better there. It's almost like he's trying to reduce the amount of the next contract for Bert and Fabbri.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He can't do any worse than Nielson. In fact, I'd rather have him play net front, he's got a bigger ass to bank shots off of.

Not sure why Blash keeps putting Larkin in the slot when Fabbri has done so much better there. It's almost like he's trying to reduce the amount of the next contract for Bert and Fabbri.

Would really like to see that 2nd unit with Nielsen's and Perlini's asses somehow positioned on the both sides of goal, and the Green trying hard slapshots on their butts. Hopefully something bounces in. :)

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Would really like to see that 2nd unit with Nielsen's and Perlini's asses somehow positioned on the both sides of goal, and the Green trying hard slapshots on their butts. Hopefully something bounces in. :)
Hronek. Green's slapper isn't what it used to be.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Perks of having a close affiliate team. The wings are off til Saturday so why not send them down and play them for at least Wednesday night in the AHL? A game in the AHL is better than a practice with the wings. I bet Zadina is back after Wednesday and Hirose stays down for a bit, plays Friday and maybe even sticks there the whole weekend
These guys speculate about completely irrelevant stuff. The wings are off til Saturday and they are probably sent down to play a game.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That's literally what it seems like right now

It is because a lot of new posters are eager to pump up their post and likes numbers.

I think he is sent down because the wings do not play, so might get a game in the miners. That's all for the moment.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One of the minuses was on the empty net.

It's the "Athanasiou" role there. Losing team chasing equalizers on final minutes. Offensive players put on the ice will net mostly minuses, when opposite team scores EN.

It's kind of irrelevant minus badding his negative stats which are not so much his fault, more of a team fault (when regularry trailing on those situations).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You get Abby instead of Perlini (from Khan):
Abdelkader (net front), Filppula (slot), Hronek-Nielsen (half walls), Green (point)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hronek on the 1st PP unit is really unpadding his stats (because they know he is the real deal, and like to get cheaper extension) and Cholowski on the 1st is padding his stats (because he is the trade bait).

It's obvious that they are not icing the best possible 1st unit, just two meh units in a TANK mode.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Hronek on the 1st PP unit is really unpadding his stats (because they know he is the real deal, and like to get cheaper extension) and Cholowski on the 1st is padding his stats (because he is the trade bait).

It's obvious that they are not icing the best possible 1st unit, just two meh units in a TANK mode.

Or Cholowski and Hronek have widely different skill sets and the units are built to reflect that.

Reactions: muchbetterthanlada

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Makes no sense.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

I've been thinking the exact same thing. Handedness be damned.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Stealth tank.
I like you Hennka, but I've never seen someone with such play-dough narratives shaped perfectly for every situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad