Recalled/Assigned: Zadina and Hirose sent to GR

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Hirose I can see. But unless Mantha is coming back there's no point in sending Zadina down.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
I think it might be time to purchase the AHL version of nhl,tv.
It's worth the $40.

I'm guessing that Z's call up was about learning how to grind? That can be the only reason considering he was stuck on the third line and was held to 10-15 mins a night. He looked dangerous but needed that extra jump in his game. Hopefully he learned something valuable and dominates the AHL even more when he goes back.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Why does this excite you so much?

more minutes for Perlini probably

Around here, if a young project doesn't perform to unparalleled expectations in his first half dozen games, he is a complete and utter failure.

People here already wrote off Perlini. Impatience and self gratification is our new culture. Sadly, this is the society we live in now.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Why does this excite you so much?

Because I am all about player development and it doesn't take a genius to see he's not NHL ready. I'm not interested in watching "shiny new toys" just to appease our 'instant gratification' thirst.

I've been saying since the day he was called up he wasn't going to do anything... and he hasn't. It's clear as day he should be in the AHL tearing it up and learning how to be a consistent game breaker.

Reactions: Realgud and 14ari13

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Perks of having a close affiliate team. The wings are off til Saturday so why not send them down and play them for at least Wednesday night in the AHL? A game in the AHL is better than a practice with the wings. I bet Zadina is back after Wednesday and Hirose stays down for a bit, plays Friday and maybe even sticks there the whole weekend

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Because I am all about player development and it doesn't take a genius to see he's not NHL ready. I'm not interested in watching "shiny new toys" just to appease our 'instant gratification' thirst.

I've been saying since the day he was called up he wasn't going to do anything... and he hasn't. It's clear as day he should be in the AHL tearing it up and learning how to be a consistent game breaker.

He is clearly not an NHL star, but he is undoubtedly NHL ready. The problem appears to be that you want him to be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL before he gets called up and plays in the NHL. You have a grossly misled approach to player development.

Also, chill out on the bold, underlines, and italics. You shouldn’t want to emphasize your bad points.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He is clearly not an NHL star, but he is undoubtedly NHL ready. The problem appears to be that you want him to be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL before he gets called up and plays in the NHL. You have a grossly misled approach to player development.

Also, chill out on the bold, underlines, and italics. You shouldn’t want to emphasize your bad points.

Wrong.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
This could also be a shot across the bow at Blashill. Sending up Zadina and Yzerman watching to see what Blashill does with him.

More than likely, with the schedule, it's probably just getting Zadina more time. Hirose probably stays down and someone else will get a shot.

Reactions: 14ari13

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I watch almost every game, and I've seen every one of his for the Wings this year.

You are out here with that confirmation bias.

He gave away the puck in glorious fashion to the Capitals. His speed is sterile and he doesn't DO anything with this almighty strength you claim he has. What freaking games have you been watching? His shot is not NHL potent. He can't handle 1st line duties.

- He's done literally NOTHING!

wTF

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He gave away the puck in glorious fashion to the Capitals. His speed is sterile and he doesn't DO anything with this almighty strength you claim he has. What freaking games have you been watching? His shot is not NHL potent. He can't handle 1st line duties.

- He's done literally NOTHING!

wTF
Scored as many points as Nielsen, Perlini, Ehn, and Erne combined all season as well as outscoring most of the other wings during his call up. And he showed all of your terrible takes about him were terrible. So I wouldn't say he did literally nothing.

What games were you watching? I could say the same to your dumb ass. Just because you say stupid shit doesn't make it so.

MetalHeadRedwingfan

Feb 6, 2019
This is why this team is garbage. Moving guys up and down every other day. No chemistry on the lines, with no time to gel.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Fabrication is a god awful thing. Watch a game sometime.

This seems irrational to me. He looks absolutely fine out there, he is creating chances with limited time and non offensive teammates, is skating well and looks like 60% faster than he was a season ago. Just because a young player plays in a lower league doesn't make it better for development. Also just because he doesn't have a point a game or something doesn't mean he isn't developing, as lots of players have developed just fine from playing at the NHL level. Look at Couturier and Scheifele, they both started quite slow in their careers and are both fantastic players, didn't hurt them in the slightest.

OT - I believe that because we don't play until Saturday that both were sent to play for the Griffins and will both be back on Saturday. Vegas has been doing that this season, because they were up against the cap, so on off days, were sending their young guys down to the AHL to accrue salary cap space and they could also play if needed. We don't need space, but them playing is a good thing. As far as Hirose is concerned he can stay and not come back, as I honestly don't see an NHL player there, as his skills aren't enough to make up for lack of strength and size.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Scored as many points as Nielsen, Perlini, Ehn, and Erne combined all season as well as outscoring most of the other wings during his call up. And he showed all of your terrible takes about him were terrible. So I wouldn't say he did literally nothing.

What games were you watching? I could say the same to your dumb ass.

Lol?

Hopefully our next 1st round pick can put up that kind of high-octane production!!!!!1111

If you're ecstatic with 2 secondary assists, cool! I'm seriously entertained where your "takes" are at. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad