Tribute Zack Smith Retires

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
He had his moments with us. Will always remember him for head-faking Kadri during that one game after a scrum. :laugh:

I’ll always remember him for scoring a PPG against Winnipeg. This was when Maclean rewarded him and his line PP minutes cause of how effective they were. I think it was against Winnipeg.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Was at a bar where Zack, Corey Conacher, and Pageau were having drinks after a playoff game once.

I went to buy a beer, but had just missed last call. Zack was sharper than myself and had grabbed a few beers, he noticed I couldn't get one so he gave me one of his.

He played hard and physical while bringing some skill. The kind of player any team would love to have. Hope he enjoys retirement!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Mendes' piece on The Athletic this morning was such a great tribute to Smitty. Really just hammered home what a good dude he was and, by all accounts, continues to be. Wish him nothing but the best in retirement. If he's ever in Ottawa I'd be among the first offering to buy him a beer.

He is a good dude. I met him twice. And i did buy him a beer. :thumbu:

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Exactly the kind of player Ottawa needed, loved watching Zack Simth, wish him nothing but the best for a great guy.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

His first goal was a sick snipe on Price.

Underrated fighter too super tough guy.

I also met him outside of Liqour Store back in the day. Super humble and nice dude. I really liked him with the Sens. He also scored 25 goals one year lol.

Pretty sure that fight with Horton happened about two days before he signed a contract extension with the Sens. Pretty obvious that B Murray liked the toughness that he brought.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Me and my friends were at crazy horse and dziurzinski wanted to get the boys and bring them back to our place. Dziurzinski goes all excited to Smith to ask if they should come with us. Smith looks at him all disappointed and shaking his head. "No we're not going with them" hahaha oh well.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Was good for a while. Then absolute shit for a while. Maybe due to injuries who knows.
Thanks for the good times mr smith

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Good luck in retirement. He was a warrior for us. One of my favourite bottom six players from that era. He and Condra were my boys.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Me and my friends were at crazy horse and dziurzinski wanted to get the boys and bring them back to our place. Dziurzinski goes all excited to Smith to ask if they should come with us. Smith looks at him all disappointed and shaking his head. "No we're not going with them" hahaha oh well.
I saw Zack Smith at a grocery store in Ottawa once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Caramilks in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I saw Zack Smith at a grocery store in Ottawa once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Caramilks in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Lol this is one of those stories that seems so weird it must be true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad