Prospect Info: Zack Ostapchuk

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Can’t ask for much more than that in game one. Greig might have him beat (didn’t he have 7 shots in his first game?) but looking good so far.

Reactions: aragorn and slamigo

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I think this kid just passed Kastelic. Annnnnnnnd, I very much enjoyed the clip of him absolutely f***ing pummelling Rempe.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
An absolute lock for bottom 6 minutes with the Sens next season, he's the exact type of player we need to refurbish our bottom half. Fast, strong, good IQ, great hustle/determination.

Him and Greig should be great together.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nice first game for the kid.

Hopefully he sticks around for a couple weeks, and we see what he can do with a few games to work with.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
He's the type of player that I think will excel with better talent around him. A lot of those guys get very little hype and then everyone is shocked when they enter the NHL and start looking like a real gamer. I see that in Ostapchuk for sure.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Skates very well for his size, and his hands looked respectable the times he touched the puck.

And JMs comments about how he used his size and strength to win puck battles are really important ... it's something this team is lacking, and even some of the bigger/stronger players don't seem able to do so (eg. Mark Kastellic)

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Skates very well for his size, and his hands looked respectable the times he touched the puck.

And JMs comments about how he used his size and strength to win puck battles are really important ... it's something this team is lacking, and even some of the bigger/stronger players don't seem able to do so (eg. Mark Kastellic)
It definitely felt like an indirect shot at Kastelic. Glad he said that.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It definitely felt like an indirect shot at Kastelic. Glad he said that.
Kastelic showed he can dominate a shift a few games ago. After he played under 5mins and stayed out for the after game skate he came back and was throwing his body around, crashing the net etc.
He’s looked better since then. If he can keep it up then he has the 4C job.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I think this kid just passed Kastelic. Annnnnnnnd, I very much enjoyed the clip of him absolutely f***ing pummelling Rempe.

Kastelic is a huge overachiever. The guy does not have much talent (by NHL standards) but has worked his butt off training to get to the NHL.

Ostapchuk has much better natural tools (speed, smarts, etc.). I think he's a hard working player as well. I won't say that he's already better than Kasty after one adrenaline-fueled game, but he will be better than Kastelic.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Hope Ostapchuk stays up for a few games, then goes down & helps Belleville in the playoffs.

Ostapchuk - big, fast, tough, smart, good defensively, hits, fights, block shots, plays C/LW, chips in offensively

Next Season - Ostapchuk - Greig - Joseph

He's a well rounded player. I hope he gets more plenty more Belleville time as well to gain some offensive confidence.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pipe dream but let’s say we luck out into getting Sam Reinhart, how optimistic would people be with this forward group?

Joseph - Stutzle - Reinhart
Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson
Ostapchuk - Greig - Giroux
Crookshank - Kastelic - MacEwen

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Pipe dream but let’s say we luck out into getting Sam Reinhart, how optimistic would people be with this forward group?

Joseph - Stutzle - Reinhart
Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson
Ostapchuk - Greig - Giroux
Crookshank - Kastelic - MacEwen
He'd be another luxury forward we don't need. Dude is only as good as he is because Barkov is an elite playmaker + shut down guy that covers Reinhart's D weakness.

Reactions: lakai17

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He'd be another luxury forward we don't need. Dude is only as good as he is because Barkov is an elite playmaker + shut down guy that covers Reinhart's D weakness.

Reinhardt is an elite 2-way player, he’d make our team so much better. He would also help Stu take his game to the next level

Look at that 2nd line too, and even the 3rd line… and that’s without Norris who would push Ostapchuk down a line when he plays… trade Chychrun, go for a defensive RHD (cheaper), buy out Korpisalo if we can sign Stolarz or Brossoit

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Reinhardt is an elite 2-way player, he’d make our team so much better. He would also help Stu take his game to the next level

Look at that 2nd line too, and even the 3rd line… and that’s without Norris who would push Ostapchuk down a line when he plays… trade Chychrun, go for a defensive RHD (cheaper), buy out Korpisalo if we can sign Stolarz or Brossoit
I reckon he'd probably be $9 million aav minimum. Wouldn't say no to him, but would want to prioritize getting an RD first

Reactions: Good in Osgoode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad