Zack Kassian - Hatred and Redemption

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Drives me absolutely nuts to give him a pass, but gotta respect turning your life around. if he is clean and all about hockey and this team...I respect that.
So far he has helped this team and been professional.

I'll this slide but if we sign Brad Marchand I walk away lol

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
18364114.jpg

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I love how the Canucks coaching staff and management wanted him to fight more(even after ending Ben Eager) and he said no. He wanted to be a hockey player and it's finally coming together. I still think he's difficult to play with because his decision making is slow and unpredictable. But he's producing and capable of doing well on the cycle and will always be intimidating.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If Pouliot gets pushed down it will be because of Maroon. I could see Pouliot being exposed in the expansion draft.

Me too. And that will make me much more comfortable with Edmonton not protecting Davidson. Davidson has been injury prone and hasn't played at a high of a level of execution as Pouliot as at this point, but I see potential in Davidson and I think we could easily find a replacement for Pouliot.

Could you imagine Puljujarvi, Caggulia and Drai making out the third line next year? That's assuming that Hopkins isn't traded for more help on the blueline in the off-season.

As for Kassian as of late, he will see a bunch of middle 6 shifts this year if he keeps up the good play. He's playing much smarter than last year. The number of penalties he was taking last year was driving me insane.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Drives me absolutely nuts to give him a pass, but gotta respect turning your life around. if he is clean and all about hockey and this team...I respect that.

He has a long way to go yet before getting anything resembling a pass in my books, but I will absolutely give him credit for how he has played so far this season. This is Kassian the hockey player and not Kassian the liability. Keep it up!

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

How are we signing Marchand? I think you're safe...haha

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I hated Kassian for what he did to Gagner, it was a pos move and I have no doubt he meant to do it. But he's been solid for us and seems to have turned a corner. Keep it up Zack.

On another note, this thread shows we've lost some good posters, crazy.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Is it just me or has he seemed to work well playing with RNH? I've really liked the Pouliot-RNH-Kassian combo this year. McDavid is McDavid, but I think this group has been the most well rounded on the season.

People bemoan the lack of points, but this is a line that's consistently generated chances, while not seeing many happening against, Kassian's been a big part of that.

Also when the hell did he learn to PK? He's been really good there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Is it just me or has he seemed to work well playing with RNH? I've really liked the Pouliot-RNH-Kassian combo this year. McDavid is McDavid, but I think this group has been the most well rounded on the season.

People bemoan the lack of points, but this is a line that's consistently generated chances, while not seeing many happening against, Kassian's been a big part of that.

In Kassian's case he has 4 points in 6 games, which is the same amount as his linemates combined.

The PK part kinda shocks me, but doesn't at the same time. It shocks me as we seen next to none of this last year, but at the same time this was a guy drafted 13th overall. So there was some skill in his tool box despite what Kassian might have been at one time, he was a guy that had untapped potential. Add the speed he now shows and that's also very big for NHL Pk's with the aggressive style we are now seeing across the league.

I always go back to TM saying they don't see Kassian as a top 6 option last year. I wonder if he was told to work on his speed and defensive smarts. Because frankly we are seeing exactly this and it's leading to him being a fill in on the top 6 after things fill apart with Versteeg.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011

Last summer or during the preseason I think. He was told either at the end of the year or the start of the year that he would be finding himself there (he mentioned it in an interview but I couldn't find it). I think he is doing really well because he is playing simple honest hockey.

PossessedHockeyCard*

Aug 11, 2016
Edmonton
Kassian crosschecks OEL in the face, feeds a right hand to Duclair, and before that incident knocks down Murphy (Who pested McDavid all game) and talks smack to him

I ****ing love Zack Kassian

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I feel bad for every having hated Kassian. I ****ing love him. One of my favourite Oilers now. I need his jersey. First star of the game for me.

You never truly appreciate a player like Kassian, until he is yours. Now you guys know how us Canucks fans felt, and why we were so mad he was traded, and still are mad.

BZK has balls...and you love to see that when he is sticking up for your team.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
You never truly appreciate a player like Kassian, until he is yours. Now you guys know how us Canucks fans felt, and why we were so mad he was traded, and still are mad.

BZK has balls...and you love to see that when he is sticking up for your team.
True dat, hated him when he played for the Nucks.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Attempt to injure call was a joke, Ekman-Larsson threw himself into the boards and promptly got himself ready for the PP.

He must train with Peter Forsberg in the off-season :) Or maybe just tips from Mike Smith.

Love Kassian so much. Ultimate teammate and has no issue with being hated by everyone else.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Kassian crosschecks OEL in the face, feeds a right hand to Duclair, and before that incident knocks down Murphy (Who pested McDavid all game) and talks smack to him

I ****ing love Zack Kassian

Unless we were watching two different plays, Kassian cross checked OEL in the back/shoulder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad