Zack Kassian checks Jordan Martinook into the Oilers bench then proceeds to pound on him. No penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Both looked like idiots in their exchanges. Send em both off for 2mins. But I mean...that'd be a move of controlling ac game. So can't happen. Gotta let em be angry vigilantes.

Refs have been extra abysmal all year, though.
Why should Martinook be penalized? 2 minutes for looking like an idiot by allowing yourself to be shoved into the opposing team's bench? Perhaps another 2 minutes for just lying there while Kassian pounds on you? Your post is absurd.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The horror! Refs must hate CGY

Wait its the nhl... The refs are simultaneously biased against all teams
What has Calgary got to do with it? This occurred in a Canes-Oilers game.
Dry up those salty tears. Saturday night's game against the Flames is long over with. Move on.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lucky thing that Kassian didn’t lightly hook him before pounding him multiple times into the bench.
Now a light hook is something a ref can spot from the other end of the rink but multiple poundings at the bench are easy to miss.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I can't believe that Kassian did not get a penalty for this. I know everyone is complaining about the quality of refereeing this year but to not call this is absolutely ridiculous! The refs in the Oiler-Canes game should be ashamed of themselves. Btw, the only thing Kassian is good for is gooning it up.

Here's a link to a better quality (HD) video. Don't know how to embed it into the post.

https://zodab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/kassian-puts-martinook-in-the-bench-and-then-shoves-him-while-he-s-in-the-bench-3-times.mp4

Like i have always claimed. The Refs in the NHL ARE JUST TERRIBLE.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
What has Calgary got to do with it? This occurred in a Canes-Oilers game.
Dry up those salty tears. Saturday night's game against the Flames is long over with. Move on.

You're so right! My fault, the refs are biased against the canes, not Calgary :sarcasm:. Ironic that I need to move on, as you bookend your OP with some nonsense about Kassian in the game after we play your flames. Hes pretty low on the list of actual goons. Obvious agenda is obvious

I remember some pretty awful calls/non-calls in the peg/nsh game.

This recurring threads about terrible reffing every two days are stale. Site should just have a sticky at this point

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I’m going to start a new thread:

Player x trips Player y on to the ice and then proceeds to skate away. No penalty.

See how this isn’t breaking news that not EVERY penalty is called in a game?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I’m going to start a new thread:

Player x trips Player y on to the ice and then proceeds to skate away. No penalty.

See how this isn’t breaking news that not EVERY penalty is called in a game?
If you can't see the difference then the only thing if have to say is

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Definitely threadworthy.
Thanks. I thought so too. Its not every day that you get to see Kassian lose his mind and go ape shit on a player that he just checked into his bench and Lucic has to shove him off the player and yell "Enough!'.

I blame it all on Tkachuk. The guy's living in Kassian's mind rent free and this is just a case of misplaced aggression.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Kassian is a troglodyte. This doesn't shock me at all to see him do something like this. Unless he's punching people in the head or doing crap like this he's pretty much useless.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Thanks. I thought so too. Its not every day that you get to see Kassian lose his mind and go ape **** on a player that he just checked into his bench and Lucic has to shove him off the player and yell "Enough!'.

I blame it all on Tkachuk. The guy's living in Kassian's mind rent free and this is just a case of misplaced aggression.
On a side note, is that your dog in you avi?

We have a golden too. Best dogs ever.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Per Eklund this play is under review with the Commissioner's Special Assistant for Outrage.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
On a side note, is that your dog in you avi?

We have a golden too. Best dogs ever.
Yes it is. Soni is her name. I actually have 3 Goldens.. Ryley, Glory, and Soni. Great dogs. Love 'em to death.

Here's a pic taken a couple Christmas's ago.

33667750651_88af4c3255_o.jpg

Reactions: NedPlimpton

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Yes it is. Soni is her name. I actually have 3 Goldens.. Ryley, Glory, and Soni. Great dogs. Love 'em to death.

Here's a pic taken a couple Christmas's ago.

View attachment 178349
OMG, they're gorgeous. I know 2 things from this picture, 1) you have your hands full. 2) You have a massive fur problem. LOL.

An old pic (he was 3 or so. 12.5 now). Name is Jake.

1515_50149468244_8367_n.jpg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
OMG, they're gorgeous. I know 2 things from this picture, 1) you have your hands full. 2) You have a massive fur problem. LOL.

An old pic (he was 3 or so. 12.5 now). Name is Jake.

1515_50149468244_8367_n.jpg
Jake's a real nice looking dog too. And yes.. major dog hair issue. I have to vacuum daily to keep it under control. Worth it though. Smart dogs and great companions.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Jake's a real nice looking dog too. And yes.. major dog hair issue. I have to vacuum daily to keep it under control. Worth it though. Smart dogs and great companions.
So, my wife made croissant on the weekend. She's a softie and gave him a little piece and naturally, he loved it.

Yesterday after work I'm on our bed watching TV and poking around on the internet and Jake is with me. I get peckish and grab a half of one. It's gone by the time I get back. He stares at me for a few minutes then lets out a huff. Then moves to the bottom of the bed and lets out a huge sigh. A couple minutes later he gets down and is standing down the hall. I get up to see what he wants, he leads me into the kitchen and over to the counter where the croissants are.
LOL. Smart cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad