Zack Kassian checks Jordan Martinook into the Oilers bench then proceeds to pound on him. No penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I can't believe that Kassian did not get a penalty for this. I know everyone is complaining about the quality of refereeing this year but to not call this is absolutely ridiculous! The refs in the Oiler-Canes game should be ashamed of themselves. Btw, the only thing Kassian is good for is gooning it up.

Here's a link to a better quality (HD) video. Don't know how to embed it into the post.

https://zodab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/kassian-puts-martinook-in-the-bench-and-then-shoves-him-while-he-s-in-the-bench-3-times.mp4

Last edited:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Guy honestly seems like a meathead with nothing between the ears. Probably figures if he doesn't play overly physical he'll lose his job to someone that can actually play hockey, but being that he plays for the Oilers that will take longer than it should.

The more I watch that the more I'm reminded of the fun I had trying to stuff 3 suit cases and multiple other things into the trunk of my parents car years back when we went on a road trip to BC. Good times.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
When Martinook was finally able to climb out of the Edmonton bench Lucic actually looked embarrassed for what just happened.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Meh. Hathaway crosschecked McDavid in the neck last night with no penalty.

If that's the way the league wants to go, might as well be the one doing the doing rather than getting done to.

Reactions: Calypso

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Not worth freaking out over, worth two minutes though. That had to be hard to miss, as a former ref when someone gets knocked onto the other teams bench I tended to stop paying attention to anything else and getting in on that immediately for obvious reasons. I cant imagine what they were looking at to miss the back half of it.

Suter to MacInnis

Mar 20, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
The Oilers, their fans and especially their Homer media talk about fighting and payback more than any other fanbase in the league. They've got a couple writers called staples and tzkovski or something who are constantly talking about how the oilers are going to beat people up for imagined transgressions on twitter.

I think the first step to them getting better is when they let go of the idea other teams are scared of their goons and that is "protecting" mcdavid and move towards smaller faster players. At least they let gryba go but honestly Lucic and Kassian look like ahlers to me and they play nurse twice as much as any other team would, he's never going to be more than a 4 on a half decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad