Zack Kassian checks Jordan Martinook into the Oilers bench then proceeds to pound on him. No penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So, my wife made croissant on the weekend. She's a softie and gave him a little piece and naturally, he loved it.

Yesterday after work I'm on our bed watching TV and poking around on the internet and Jake is with me. I get peckish and grab a half of one. It's gone by the time I get back. He stares at me for a few minutes then lets out a huff. Then moves to the bottom of the bed and lets out a huge sigh. A couple minutes later he gets down and is standing down the hall. I get up to see what he wants, he leads me into the kitchen and over to the counter where the croissants are.
LOL. Smart cookie.
LOL... Yep. That's a Golden all right!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It'll never drown out the cacophony of wails from down South that one time gaudreau got slashed.
Hey. Get with the program. We've moved on. We're now talking about dogs. Hockey is yesterday's news.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If you can't see the difference then the only thing if have to say is

2 min minors in both cases.

The NHL decided that elbowing someone in the face is as bad as shooting the puck over the glass.

Don’t have to agree with it but the net effect of his non call is that there wasn’t a 2min PP.

That’s the extent of the impact here. No PP for 2 mins.

I’m sure we could scrub the game tape to find many examples of missed hooks, trips, stick taps, interference, etc, that were also not called.

No big deal. Non calls happen every game.

If EVERYTHING was called, it would be unwatchable.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
2 min minors in both cases.

The NHL decided that elbowing someone in the face is as bad as shooting the puck over the glass.

Don’t have to agree with it but the net effect of his non call is that there wasn’t a 2min PP.

That’s the extent of the impact here. No PP for 2 mins.

I’m sure we could scrub the game tape to find many examples of missed hooks, trips, stick taps, interference, etc, that were also not called.

No big deal. Non calls happen every game.

If EVERYTHING was called, it would be unwatchable.
…or we would see less dumb and/or lazy penalties because the players know it's being called closer to the actual written rules.

Reactions: Windy River

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
…or we would see less dumb and/or lazy penalties because the players know it's being called closer to the actual written rules.

The Refs call the game the way the GMs tell them to call the game. They cannot enforce every slash, every interference, etc. The entire game would be spent in the box.

So they pull a "sample" from the game in order to keep players honest.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
It’s annoying that there was no call. I have no context on how the game was up to that point, but it looks like a 2 minute rough to me.

That being said, this is hardly thread worthy. Let’s move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad