Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
At least he has his looks to fall back on
794087-9kassian.jpg

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
i will give him props for getting clean, playing well enough to get 15M, then peacing out

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
That's just one single more point than me this season! And to think I was called "delusional, insane, a true moron" when I claimed I could be an NHL player one day.

For a duck with a shark in its username, you make too much sense.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Kinda reminds me of Raffi Torres - nice package of hits, fighting and skill, clearly could produce in the NHL if put in the right environment, but just stupid antics coming along with it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Every year, someone makes a "Biggest waste of talent" thread that inevitably brings up Daigle/Brendl/whoever, but Kassian has to be up there. You could see flashes of elite east/west vision when he was playing here in Vancouver with the Sedins, and he was physically dominant when he was on his game.

But he got caught up in the young dumb guy lifestyle, got kicked off the Canucks, then screwed up his second chance in Montreal - all right around the crucial development ages of 21-25.

The bad decisions had a factor in him being available from Buffalo in the first place. They knew why he had lost the C in Peterborough, the off-ice altercations, and the Blacker incident. Hang around with bad people, expect bad things.

Reactions: God

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Suspect his game and brain broke around the time of the suspensions for jumping Tkachuk and kicking Cernak. He really earned that contract and then went totally down hill from those two instances onwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad