NFL: Zach Wilson no longer Jets starting QB - Mike White takes over

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
First Darnold now Wilson. Jets love wasting picks.
After wilson and Lance, everyone non QB taken from #4 to #14 has been a hit. But, that's the reality when it comes to QBs. Only the special ones hit the ground running by year 2. Jets have gone through 5 straight years with Darnold and Wilson at the helm. Fields has at least shown signs that he's figured some things out. Using his legs.

Pitts, Chase, Waddle, Sewell, Horn, Surtain, Smith, Fields, Parsons, Slater, Vera-Tucker.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Darnold showed promise his rookie year, far more than Wilson has ever shown.

Adam Gase ruined Darnold. Wilson is ruining Wilson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
They need to try to find a way to trade up in this upcoming draft and snag a QB. Their current crop is trash. That poor poor D.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They need to try to find a way to trade up in this upcoming draft and snag a QB. Their current crop is trash. That poor poor D.
Drafting doesn’t make sense for them as they can’t wait to develop. Chances of drafting and developing someone from this class that is going to be better than the tier 2 guys that will be on the market like Jimmy, Carr, Tanny are unlikely.

Very few guys go into to become tier 1 QBs who can carry a team.
Talking Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, Herbert, and you’d would have included Brady and Rodgers up to last season.

This draft class Levis physically has that ability and rhe mindset to push the ball. Young is smaller guy. Stroud, seems like he should have been doing more with the talent around him. Hooker acl tear so you’re redshirting him next season as he won’t be ready for camp or pre season.

It cost SF 2 extra first rounders to go from 12 to 3. Jets cost them 3 extra seconds to move up 2 spots to get Darnold. Don’t think the Jets are paying those prices.

Get a veteran since you have cheaper contracts from your talented rookie contract guys.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah i can see that. With him,Breece ,and that D they could be a playoff team ( I think they end up missing this year). But they still need a few more weapons on offense.

If they are fighting for a playoff spot with Wilson don’t see why they couldn’t/wouldn’t be with Jimmy.

Although I expext Bengals& Chargers become a more dangerous team moving forward

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
If they are fighting for a playoff spot with Wilson don’t see why they couldn’t/wouldn’t be with Jimmy.

Although I expext Bengals& Chargers become a more dangerous team moving forward
Oh they Definitely would be. But i still feel like they are thin with weapons on offense. That could be the difference from borderline Playoff team to perennial Playoff team.

Last edited:
Reactions: BB88

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I know Jimmy G is definitely gone after this season and I'm so, so curious to see how Trey Lance turns out. Has there ever been a situation like his? Can't be right, right? The haul SF gave up and only one season's worth of starts in the past five years at this point?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jimmy G has played this masterfully. Took his lumps/heat as the Niners QB to the point they draft a guy to replace him. He gets hurt, Jimmy looks the best he has looked since 2019 to the point several teams will likely look at him as an option now.

This either ends one of two ways, both of which are wins for him.

1) Jimmy wins the majority of his games left, helps the Niners roll into the playoffs and helps them make a deep run and the Niners decide to keep him

2) The Niners don't go anywhere, they continue on with Trey Lance and Jimmy likely gets another 100+ million dollar contract with somebody like the Jets, Giants, Falcons or Colts. Teams who desperately need QB help but likely won't be in a position to draft it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jimmy G has played this masterfully. Took his lumps/heat as the Niners QB to the point they draft a guy to replace him. He gets hurt, Jimmy looks the best he has looked since 2019 to the point several teams will likely look at him as an option now.

This either ends one of two ways, both of which are wins for him.

1) Jimmy wins the majority of his games left, helps the Niners roll into the playoffs and helps them make a deep run and the Niners decide to keep him

2) The Niners don't go anywhere, they continue on with Trey Lance and Jimmy likely gets another 100+ million dollar contract with somebody like the Jets, Giants, Falcons or Colts. Teams who desperately need QB help but likely won't be in a position to draft it.
Niners have to pay market price. As Part of the contract pay cut Jimmy agreed to for this season, SF doesn’t have the option to tag him.

So if teams are coming to Jimmy with deals for $65-$75 mill in guaranteed money. SF has to match it. Going to make back that $12 mill or whatever pay it he ending up taking for this year to return to SF. Jimmy played the long game. Wasn’t just about the $20 odd mill he was due this season. As it played out he’s going to get a nice payday in the off season.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I think Wilson has all the physical attributes. He’s very weak mentally and I don’t see any leadership qualities in the guy. His career is far from over, but it will be over a lot sooner if he doesn’t get his head into it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just an amazing display of apologizing

You don’t have the yips for years at a time. He just sucks and the whole planet saw it coming.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I know Jimmy G is definitely gone after this season and I'm so, so curious to see how Trey Lance turns out. Has there ever been a situation like his? Can't be right, right? The haul SF gave up and only one season's worth of starts in the past five years at this point?

Not a 49ers fan but I didn't like the Lance pick. Always weary of guys who only have one year of experience in college & in his case it wasn't even in the FBS.

Niners are lucky that even tho they paid a lot to get him, its not like he was going to make or break the team. They're talented enough to be a playoff contender with or without him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not a 49ers fan but I didn't like the Lance pick. Always weary of guys who only have one year of experience in college & in his case it wasn't even in the FBS.

Niners are lucky that even tho they paid a lot to get him, its not like he was going to make or break the team. They're talented enough to be a playoff contender with or without him.
Depth was a big reason why they did it

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
As much as I do not believe in Jared Goff he might just be enough for Jets to win. And if that Rams pick end up being high Lions can draft a QB.

The problem is his contract, of course.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As much as I do not believe in Jared Goff he might just be enough for Jets to win. And if that Rams pick end up being high Lions can draft a QB.

The problem is his contract, of course.
No it’s not, Goff’s contract isn’t prohibitive anymore.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

North Dakota St is better suited for developing pro qb’s than almost any d1 school out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00