NFL: Zach Wilson no longer Jets starting QB - Mike White takes over

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Probably could use Garoppolo in the summer and try to ”fix” the draft mistake

People love to talk about his record but the Jets weren’t winning because of Wilson and if they want to make the playoffs this was probably the best thing

Reactions: PanthersPens62

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Had to be done or the locker room would have been lost long-term.
You can't let the Offensive leader just return to the starting position if those were the comments he was giving after his performance, not when defensive players are saying that they themselves need to play better. And we've heard nothing publicly from him regarding him taking responsibility for his play the past couple of days since. That wouldn't fly in the dressing room.

I don't think the Jets go back into the QB development via the draft. Jimmy G is a free agent, Tannehill and Carr could both be moved. Jimmy would cost guaranteed money. Carr and Tanny would cost a draft pick, but Carr has base salaries of $33, $42, and $41.3 mill over the next 3 years. Last 2 years are high, but they afford the Jets the luxury of walking away at any time. Signing Jimmy would likely mean $60-$75 mill plus in guaranteed money. Tanny has 1 year left with a base salary of $27 mill.

Those seem to be the most logical options for a veteran.

Geno Smith is also a free agent, but he'd be wise to stay with Seattle barring a low ball offer from them or a big guaranteed contract from another team.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They had to do it. It was obvious from the post-game comments that the players didn't want him as their QB anymore. I think he's done in NY.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This is hilarious.

Like the absolute dumbest response you could possibly give and it was simply one word.
I guess maybe if he said “Frank NO!” Maybe that would be worse.

ESPN got heated last night as a few analysts said Zach Wilson who got a Range Rover for his 16th birthday and grew up very very rich and hasn’t accepted accountability once in his life.

Steve Young wasn’t feeling that response and thought that theory was “BS”

there may be some credence to it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This is hilarious.

Like the absolute dumbest response you could possibly give and it was simply one word.

ESPN got heated last night as a few analysts said Zach Wilson who got a Range Rover for his 16th birthday and grew up very very rich and hasn’t accepted accountability once in his life.

There also goes any chance he had that any team, even if they claimed him would pick up his 5th year option after next season and guarantee him over $20 million in 2025.

Again, always be leery when it comes to 1 year college starters and guys who are a bit undersized. Those guys need to check off way more boxes than a 6'3 220 lb QB with a good arm.
Murray - study habits, Baker lacked any quickness/elusiveness, Wilson immature.
The list of 1 year college starters who went onto the NFL as high picks include Sanchez, Trubisky, Haskins, Mac Jones, Z. Wilson. Jones had a great season in a Power 5 and won the National Championship and due to Covid year, could have gone back to Alabama, but he'd be up against sophomore Young. Was mature enough to go to the NFL.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This is hilarious.

there may be some credence to it

He hasn’t.

Guy grew up rich and people have been kissing his ass saying he’s a good quarterback. He hasn’t shown Jack shit in being a leader, his mechanics are off, football decision is trash. That game against the Patriots was all him, his play that second half was unacceptable and the Jets just needed a life on offense to get a score. He failed that and he never shown accountability on the post game presser saying he didn’t let the defense down. That is a boy showing he don’t know shit.

But hey, he f***ed his friends mom so let’s give him his flowers. f*** out of here.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Whatever was the week they went in Lambeau and kicked the crap out of the Packers was when I knew he wasnt the answer. That was over a month He was so bad that game, incredible they were able to win so easily. Luckily I did not watch much of the game Sunday. The rest of the Jets roster is great, so just competent QB play next year from someone they would easily be a playoff team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Whatever was the week they went in Lambeau and kicked the crap out of the Packers was when I knew he wasnt the answer. That was over a month He was so bad that game, incredible they were able to win so easily. Luckily I did not watch much of the game Sunday. The rest of the Jets roster is great, so just competent QB play next year from someone they would easily be a playoff team.
Always interesting in that teams with crappy QBs want that competetent guy like a tier 2 in Cousins, Jimmy, Tanny, Carr. While those same teams that have the competent guy want the top tier 1 of Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Jackson.

The thing with tier 2, they are fine so long as they make the right amount. If the top guys get $45-$50 mill average. What should a competent guy get $30-$35 mill? That $10-$20 mill cap savings is a big deal to provide the support that they need. But often the QBs ego is too big and they want more money but can’t handle the added pressure of lifting lesser talent.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I knew he wasn't the answer as soon as he was drafted. Guy shot up the draft board because of a scout circlejerk over his pro day instead of raw results and those type of risers almost always fall flat on their face. Exact same shit happened with Mitch Trubisky in 2018 as well.

Joe Burrow shot up the board because he had one of the most dominant seasons in recent memory. Zach Wilson shot up because of "muh measurables." At the very least kudos to the Jets for realizing their mistake.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Always interesting in that teams with crappy QBs want that competetent guy like a tier 2 in Cousins, Jimmy, Tanny, Carr. While those same teams that have the competent guy want the top tier 1 of Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Jackson.

The thing with tier 2, they are fine so long as they make the right amount. If the top guys get $45-$50 mill average. What should a competent guy get $30-$35 mill? That $10-$20 mill cap savings is a big deal to provide the support that they need. But often the QBs ego is too big and they want more money but can’t handle the added pressure of lifting lesser talent.
The tier 2 is more attainable and teams in those situations will happily take literally anything that currently isn't the trash that's starting, that's why.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I knew he wasn't the answer as soon as he was drafted. Guy shot up the draft board because of a scout circlejerk over his pro day instead of raw results and those type of risers almost always fall flat on their face.

Joe Burrow shot up the board because he had one of the most dominant seasons in recent memory. Zach Wilson shot up because of "muh measurables." At the very least kudos to the Jets for realizing their mistake.
After Burrow's rookie year I said I would trade him in a heartbeat for the incoming Trevor Lawrence.

Probably my worst take since "Aaron Donald is too small to succeed at DT in the NFL."

• Haha

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
After Burrow's rookie year I said I would trade him in a heartbeat for the incoming Trevor Lawrence.

Probably my worst take since "Aaron Donald is too small to succeed at DT in the NFL."
My question with Burrow wasn't could he succeed, it was more "can he be this good at the next level?"

I figured he'd be at minimum a solid NFL starter but as it turned out, yeah he could.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
My question with Burrow wasn't could he succeed, it was more "can he be this good at the next level?"

I figured he'd be at minimum a solid NFL starter but as it turned out, yeah he could.
Well, he's certainly not a guy I'd trade for Trevor Lawrence right now, I'll tell you that much.

Oh shit I also thought the Broncos would make the PO's this year and the Giants and Vikes would not. Actually, no one should listen to me anymore.

• Haha

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The tier 2 is more attainable and teams in those situations will happily take literally anything that currently isn't the trash that's starting, that's why.
Tier 2 guys just need more support but the only way to get that support is to pay them accordingly. The closer they get paid to the tier 1 guys the more they will struggle to carry the burden.

There are barely enough guys right now that would make the tier 1 if you allocated 8 spots for each tier with the way Brady, Rodgers, and Russ are slowing down.

So at the draft you are really more likely to land a tier 2 guy.

Burrow was expected to be similar to Romo due to his athletic ability being similar. Burrow has that confidence factor that shoots him above Romo into tier 1.

Levis due to his physics ability is probably the only WB in this class I see possibly getting to tier 1 one day. Young I wonder about his size.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
wilson is god awful. but if the jets want any shot at making the playoffs, they should go with flacco
Honestly. This is basically the final call on Wilson. He’s played poorly but he’s probably still be the QB if he didn’t make that stupid comment.

They need to have spoken with the owner and advised that they are done with him. Need to go shopping for a veteran guy be it Jimmy with a contract or deal for Carr/Tanny if available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad