Zach Werenski has more goals than assists and leads dmen in goals scored

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
This is courtesy of the CBJ’s Instagram page:

Zach Werenski is only the third defenseman ever — EVER— to have three multi-goal games in a five game stretch. The other two were complete nobodies. Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey.

Reactions: Bobcat110 and hi

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
This is courtesy of the CBJ’s Instagram page:

Zach Werenski is only the third defenseman ever — EVER— to have three multi-goal games in a five game stretch. The other two were complete nobodies. Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey.

Wow that is impressive.

It's nice to know that at some point in NHL history, some random point in NHL history, Werenski has done something only 2 other defensemen have done @hockeyguru

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Interesting. He missed 7 games and still leads all CBJ players in goals. How common is it for an NHL dman to finish the season leading his team in goals?

Attachments

• 214DF9D0-61CA-412D-B6DB-6B90FD189E32.png
    214DF9D0-61CA-412D-B6DB-6B90FD189E32.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 3

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Interesting. He missed 7 games and still leads all CBJ players in goals. How common is it for an NHL dman to finish the season leading his team in goals?
Now THAT I'm not holding my breath on.

As awesome as this stretch is, I don't expect him to keep scoring at the rate he currently is for the rest of the season. And the other guys are drastically underperforming, which I would expect to change at some point.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Now THAT I'm not holding my breath on.

As awesome as this stretch is, I don't expect him to keep scoring at the rate he currently is for the rest of the season. And the other guys are drastically underperforming, which I would expect to change at some point.

Except on that list, Dubois is only one challenging since Cam and Oliver are on IR. Cam appears close to returning, but wasn’t looking very good before his injury. Bjorkstrand is still at least a couple weeks out.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
When pointing out his low assist totals, its important to note that nearly half of our forwards are out with injury, so scoring goals is a bit tough, so he's taken matters into his own hands.

He's quite the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad