Player Discussion Zach Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
If it's anything like the old ankle guards, then ya, they suck. Even back in the old leather skate days they were around, but most players didn't use them because they slowed you down. The top end skates now are so protective that they protect you from all but the heaviest(or unlucky) shot.

They didn't slow this guy down :)

hockey-minnesota-north-stars-lou-nanne-in-action-vs-st-louis-blues-st-picture-id100488079

Reactions: Monkeypox

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Fair point. But given what we actually know, and what can be easily figured out, about the two guys, it isn't hard to figure out which of the two is the bigger pain in the ass.
Admittedly, if I was snowed in on a mountain with both of them Parise is probably the one I'd want to eat first.

On second thought, I might just volunteer and get it over with.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Meh, people read into quotes what their own perceptions want them to read into them. Hence some people call Suter a problem, others say they don't see it, but see Parise is a problem... see what you will. :dunno:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Meh, people read into quotes what their own perceptions want them to read into them. Hence some people call Suter a problem, others say they don't see it, but see Parise is a problem... see what you will. :dunno:

I don't think it's necessarily Suter that is the problem,. but how Minnesota structures their defense. Both Stoner and I think Dumba alluded to this pretty heavily in their comments.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't think it's necessarily Suter that is the problem,. but how Minnesota structures their defense. Both Stoner and I think Dumba alluded to this pretty heavily in their comments.
Going to need you to provide a source on your claim that Dumba said anything about Suter and/or icetime.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Going to need you to provide a source on your claim that Dumba said anything about Suter and/or icetime.

It was one of Russo's articles I believe last year during the playoffs when Dumba (or another defenseman) mentioned it was nice that they were getting more ice time for development. Hard to go through all of Russo's articles.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It was one of Russo's articles I believe last year during the playoffs when Dumba (or another defenseman) mentioned it was nice that they were getting more ice time for development. Hard to go through all of Russo's articles.
Provide the quote please

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I am. Also a way to search Russo's Tweets and the Athletic if I'm not signed up. While I'm doing that, give me concrete proof that Parise is the issue.
How are you quoting the Athletic if you don't actually read it? Sounds lto me ike you're making shit up again.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have no sympathy for Parise's "hockey-life crisis" or whatever.

It was well within his ability to take a 7 or 8 year deal, give the best years he had left to the state, and still be able to chase the Cup in his late 30's. Of course, taking a 7 or 8 year deal would've meant guaranteeing himself "only" $50 or $60 million, instead of the $98 million. He chose the money.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Cant feel sorry for Parise. Just for the simple fact that hes a multimillionaire by playing hockey. Take the pity party elsewhere and just play.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Why don't you clarify it for everyone and post the quote?

In January, Stoner told the Orange County Register, “I didn’t like the way it was run in Minnesota. They kind of just give one defenseman (Ryan Suter) all the minutes, and the rest suffer. And I wasn’t happy there. I don’t think the minutes displayed how I was playing. It was more of just the way things were run there.”

“I think you guys kind of twisted that story,” Stoner said of the media. “It wasn’t a story on the Wild, it had to do with me liking the way the (Ducks coach Bruce Boudraeu) coached the back end on our team. So I was a little disappointed to see how you guys wrote it and threw me under the bus saying, ‘Stoner called out the team and Suter.’ ”

Now, show me concrete evidence that Parise has been the problem to this team?Or are you making stuff up again?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Now, show me concrete evidence that Parise has been the problem to this team?Or are you making stuff up again?

Um, unless they blatantly mis-quoted him in the first one, there's nothing the media did to "twist his words or his meaning". It's pretty clear, and he all but calls out Suter by name.

That second quote is just your standard backtracking that's done when you know you said something you shouldn't have. Blame the media for taking this "out of context". Pretty textbook.

Thanks for finding those though. Almost as funny reading them the 2nd time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2Pair

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Cant feel sorry for Parise. Just for the simple fact that hes a multimillionaire by playing hockey. Take the pity party elsewhere and just play.
He isn't asking for people to feel sorry for him. He is just answering a question that was asked of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad