Player Discussion Zach Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
He can have his feelings and millions too. It's only human, the second guessing. As long as they don't dictate how the team is built. Team should be built to gain the best possible outcome, either now or in the future.

Minnesota Wild will win the Stanley Cup some day or not. And players who play in that team when it happens will too or not.

If Parise went elsewhere, it's not granted the same teams would've won the Cups. Because the building blocks would've been different. Kind of like butterfly effect.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Maybe at 35(?) he finally has learned he needs to pace himself? :nod:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Parise now plays with the lizard who will put the puck on his blade, he just has to finish.

Wait until the season starts.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I was just pointing out that Parise's offensive output isn't all that impressive when he plays the minutes that he does.

I mean... he lead the team in scoring last year, and has been one of the best producers on this team since his arrival. Before that he was one of the best producers on the Devils, and that team had Kovalchuk. I'm not saying today's Parise is New Jersey's Parise, but clearly there are/were other skills there besides trying really hard.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I mean... he lead the team in scoring last year, and has been one of the best producers on this team since his arrival. Before that he was one of the best producers on the Devils, and that team had Kovalchuk. I'm not saying today's Parise is New Jersey's Parise, but clearly there are/were other skills there besides trying really hard.
Because he plays more minutes than everyone else. Play Zucker 20 minutes a night with all the prime scoring opportunities and build the PP around him and I bet he outproduces Parise. And nobody thinks Zucker is a star. Nino was better than both and he got run out of town because of icetime.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Because he plays more minutes than everyone else. Play Zucker 20 minutes a night with all the prime scoring opportunities and build the PP around him and I bet he outproduces Parise. And nobody thinks Zucker is a star. Nino was better than both and he got run out of town because of icetime.

Nobody is calling Parise a "star". They just have the gall to call him "not unskilled".

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Todd Fedoruk worked pretty hard and played on the 1st line for a significant amount of time. Didn't see him lighting it up.

Ok, what "skill" does Parise possess that is very good by NHL standards?

Hockey sense and eye-hand coordination. I should note, I mean offensive-zone hockey sense.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Todd Fedoruk worked pretty hard and played on the 1st line for a significant amount of time. Didn't see him lighting it up.

Hockey sense and eye-hand coordination. I should note, I mean offensive-zone hockey sense.
Don't remember Fedoruk playing 20 minutes a night and being featured on the PP?

I agree with you about the hand/eye. He's outstanding with that. Can't agree with the hockey sense. He's a tunnel vision, everything to the net player.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Nobody is calling Parise a "star". They just have the gall to call him "not unskilled".

I'm calling him a star. He scored 90+ points in New Jersey in his prime. It's not his fault that while in Minnesota he played with some of the most offensively inept centers in the league.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm calling him a star. He scored 90+ points in New Jersey in his prime. It's not his fault that while in Minnesota he played with some of the most offensively inept centers in the league.

So he WAS a star, at 25. He's kind of a long ways from that age now.

And in his best year in NJ, the top 3 scoring centers were Zajac (62 points), Zubrus (40 points) and Madden (23 points).

And knowing that this a shot at Koivu, Parise's first 2 years in Minnesota (pre-Granlund), Koivu played at a 63 point level (lockout-shortened season) and 68 point level (injury-shortened season).

Reactions: Wild11MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad