Zach Parise

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I personally think Parise looked amazing the first few weeks and, as he started to play more of the dump-and-chase hockey, became nearly a non-factor on most of his shifts. Honestly I think part of it was playing under Yeo's system and part of it was playing with Koivu, who may or may not have been hurt and may or may not be a skilled top line center.

I noticed this as well, and am still trying to figure out why exactly this happened.

In regards to Koivu: they scored together in the beginning of the season, so that was not the issue then.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Frankly, i do blame alot of the lack of offense from Parise and others on the dump n chase style employed throughout the organization. We have some highly skilled offensive guys that had off years---Granlund, for example is a puck control guy. Kinda like asking Sammy Sosa to cut down on his swing and hit for average or Mark McGuire to choke up with 2 strikes and just put the ball in play, lol< I realize im exaggerating some. But point is guys like Granlund, Bouchard etc will occasionally turn the puck over but you cant squash their creativity but asking them to chip n chase all the time--gotta allow them to be creative,,,,when you have speed coming thru neutral zone--dont dump, challenge D man, get them to back off bluline and control puck and make plays. Dont try and turn every skilled guy into a chip n chase guy, otherwise just draft big rugged grinders and just contnue to dump the puck. We got rid of those type of guys, Shep, Nystrom, Gilles etc etc because we wanted to play a more puck control game, drafted a few skilled guys, then turned around and asked them to dump the puck---watching some of these teams they almost refuse to dump the puck, we have to move more towards puck control, IMO

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I personally think Parise looked amazing the first few weeks and, as he started to play more of the dump-and-chase hockey, became nearly a non-factor on most of his shifts. Honestly I think part of it was playing under Yeo's system and part of it was playing with Koivu, who may or may not have been hurt and may or may not be a skilled top line center.

This sounds about right. Yeo's system makes mediocre players out of players who want to be more.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND

Agreed. I'm very curious to see what he could do if we ran a more offensive system in front of the net instead of behind it.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Different types of players. Parise fits our team better. But this team is missing a Russian, and that's one of our toughness issues. Russian/Soviet Born player on your team = Parade

Billy Mays Here*

I would take Kovalchuk over Parise too.

I would too, but pretty much anyone would so I don't know why that poll needed to be made. Just NJ fans trying to make themselves feel better/bash Parise without blatantly doing it.

OpRedDawn*

The real poll should be

-Parise
-No Parise

It's not like any team had a chance to sit down and think "hmm... which player should i have on my team?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad