Zach Parise

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
Zach doesn't have a great playoff record - but he sure as hell helps you get there

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Hawk fan coming in peace.

I was a huge drum beater of getting Parise to Chicago, during this series he was absolutely invisible.

Wild fans thoughts...

Koivu was invisible, Toews was invisible... meh, defensive series. Parise is still clearly our best offensive player. We simply didn't have the depth to back him up.

If you want peace, maybe don't come to our board and rip one of our favorite players the day after you drum us out of the playoffs... we might be a tad testy.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It's hard to do it on your own. Our whole team didn't show up offensively at all. Can't blame one or two players, especially when they were dealing with the toughest of the opposition.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Koivu was invisible, Toews was invisible... meh, defensive series. Parise is still clearly our best offensive player. We simply didn't have the depth to back him up.

If you want peace, maybe don't come to our board and rip one of our favorite players the day after you drum us out of the playoffs... we might be a tad testy.

Not really rippin' him, but I was specifically looking for him because I like the guy. He never had the puck. Sorry if you're offended.

Last edited:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

But guess who got us there? And who lead the Devils to the post season this year? Oh, right....

I'm leaving, don't worry... but I was simply approving the post of your fellow board member (I guess), so I don't know why you're being all defensive and all.

Heck, he did the same when he was in Jersey. A fantastic hockey player during the regular season and kind of invisible when the post season comes around.

Anyways, my point wasn't to start a pissing match, was just approving what was said by someone on your board.

;)

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
^ We always appreciate posters from other boards coming here and giving their reasonable and honest opinion.

Some posters here have just been worn down by some of the mud-slinging that has happened this year.

And you're right in your assessment of him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Parise is fine. His center, for whatever reason, played like crap and it affected him. Coyle is a decent young player, and MIGHT turn into a really good power forward, but at this point he's a mucker, third line type guy.

Billy Mays Here*

Anyone else finding it hilarious how many butthurt NJ fans are showing up on our board and on the main boards and yet there's not a single butthurt Pred fan in sight?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Parise is fine. His center, for whatever reason, played like crap and it affected him. Coyle is a decent young player, and MIGHT turn into a really good power forward, but at this point he's a mucker, third line type guy.

Yeah no, Coyle is not a third line type guy. Unless he's on the Blackhawks.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
The whole 1st line was pretty much invisible. Parise is a great player. But I think he can really only be successful when his linemates are on their game. Koivu was off his game and seemed slower than normal, which is slow already. And Coyle, while I think is doing well for a rookie, still has room for improvement.

apice3*

But guess who got us there? And who lead the Devils to the post season this year? Oh, right....

Anyone else finding it hilarious how many butthurt NJ fans are showing up on our board and on the main boards and yet there's not a single butthurt Pred fan in sight?

I don't often come to other teams boards, but around the playoff time I like to read what fans thought was their weakness in the series and how they would go about fixing it. That being said, these two posts are totally unnecessary.

First off, let me start by saying I literally never see eye-to-eye with DATW, the only Devils fan in this thread. That being said, I don't understand how you two are getting upset with him, considering he didn't even say anything. He took a post that someone else said, agreed with it without even adding to it, and you two take it out on him because he's got the word Devils in his name. So really who's the butthurt one there?

I wanted Parise to re-sign, I'm pissed about the way he left, but as someone who watched him for about 10x the amount you guys have seen him, here's an assessment. The more space he has, the more elite he becomes. He's not a skilled player, he succeeds on effort and energy, so giving him more space gives him more opportunities at his trade mark stuff play in the crease before a defender comes and gets him out. That's why he is so good in the Olympics - bigger rink. When the regular season is happening, he's also a good player. Then the playoffs come, defenses tighten up, and his production dips. That's what you get with Parise and the first reply sums it up perfectly. He does a great job getting you there, but he's not the type of player that gets you over the hump. His game is not designed for it. You can hate me and the Devil fans that cheer his playoff demise all you want, but that's just how he plays.

Parise had subpar playoffs as a Devil but he wasnt alone. Most of his teammates had bad playoffs against the Canes and Rangers and Flyers in 2008-09-2010. He didnt do a lot in last year's run shockingly considering the team went to the finals, but he was also playing on a bad ankle. Zach is a high motor guy which makes him excel in the regular season since some times his opponents are going through the motions. It happens in a long 82 games season. But in the playoffs when everyone is pretty much going all out, he doesnt stand out at all.

With that said, he was playing a great Blackhawks team. Perhaps if were playing the Canucks or Sharks he would have had a better series.

But Claude Lemieux or Mark Messier he aint and never will be.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I personally think Parise looked amazing the first few weeks and, as he started to play more of the dump-and-chase hockey, became nearly a non-factor on most of his shifts. Honestly I think part of it was playing under Yeo's system and part of it was playing with Koivu, who may or may not have been hurt and may or may not be a skilled top line center.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I personally think Parise looked amazing the first few weeks and, as he started to play more of the dump-and-chase hockey, became nearly a non-factor on most of his shifts. Honestly I think part of it was playing under Yeo's system and part of it was playing with Koivu, who may or may not have been hurt and may or may not be a skilled top line center.

I mar or may not agree with this assessment.

Mumbler*

You might. he said nothing but what was obvious... you should not try to represent "us".

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I went to 4 of the 5 games and can tell you that Parise was a factor in other ways that weren't seen on the scoresheet. He had a few bad passes and such, but nothing that I didn't see Tazer or Kane making either. The problem was the rest of his line didn't do him any favors. Period. Don't know what else you can expect from one guy. Even Wayne and Mario has amazing players surrounding them.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Not really rippin' him, but I was specifically looking for him because I like the guy. He never had the puck. Sorry if you're offended.

You might. he said nothing but what was obvious... you should not try to represent "us".

Go peddle flowers and sunshine someplace else. If you feel the need to prostrate yourself in apology to Devils and Hawks fans, go kiss ass on their team's boards.

Oroku Saki*

Parise goes 100% during the regular season. When the playoffs roll around, he has no extra gear.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Agreed, Jarick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad