Speculation: Zach Parise not coming to Islanders camp but not retiring

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
In his heart he is still a dirty Devil and he wants to play in Jersey but they have too many forwards and won't take him.

Go Isles!!

Reactions: Voight

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Until his play proves otherwise, he’s still a better option for the bottom 6 than anyone on the roster. He’s made plenty of money over the course of his career and I’d have to assume that this is his decision and not Lou’s.

It’s not like the Isles have a bunch of young prospects knocking on the door to replace him.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Hell take his time and either formally retire during the season or sign in the 2nd half of the season with the NYI as a "black ace"

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Isles lose a good 3rd line, 20 goal scorer who hit and blocked shots. Guess he didn't want to play with them.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Ahh... The Jonathan Toews "I'm not that good anymore and nobody will sign me to a contract that I feel is worth showing up to work for, so I'm hoping the cap hike in 2024 brings me money" special.
Guessing you didn't watch any Islanders games last season.

Parise is still a good player unless he regressed big time over the summer.

Reactions: The Real JT

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He has had ~ 35 pts last 2 years

He can still play for 1M
Seriously though, what happened to him...I was sooooo upset when wings didn't get him and suter (more so Suter because we were losing Lidstrom) but after like year 3 with minnesota it was readily apparent that they just weren't HIM.

Thank God for Minnesota, as they say.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Ahh... The Jonathan Toews "I'm not that good anymore and nobody will sign me to a contract that I feel is worth showing up to work for, so I'm hoping the cap hike in 2024 brings me money" special.
I wonder if both of them had specific teams in mind and didn't get the offers.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Parise is 4 years older than Toews. It's more impressive to have 21 goals at the age of 38 than 15 goals at the age of 34.
Not really driving home the idea that a team would be more inclined to sign Parise than Toews by noting that he's much closer to 40...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad